powerloader thing

altername

Grumpy rabbit powerloader for an x-mas gift. Prototype model made of clay and coat hanger. The hanger was JUST a little too short to make the other ear.

Those are called ball and socket joints. If you have a mill or even a drill press you could make them, or just get some 3rd hands and cannibalize them.

Those are called ball and socket joints. If you have a mill or even a drill press you could make them, or just get some 3rd hands and cannibalize them.

Thanks for the help robn1! I haven't been able to spot any online so I may go in another direction. This project was supposed to be quick and cheap so buying several 3rd hands is a little out of my budget. My resources are also quite limited as I live in a one bedroom apt. :lol

Thanks for the help robn1! I haven't been able to spot any online so I may go in another direction. This project was supposed to be quick and cheap so buying several 3rd hands is a little out of my budget. My resources are also quite limited as I live in a one bedroom apt. :lol

that's what makes scratch building stuff so much fun!!!! finding ways to do expensive things with little or no money :D looks awesome by the by. Have you tried looking at the wire spools at your local hardware store to get the length you want?? i know at mine i can get some decent aluminum wire (armature wire) for a fair price :D good luck!

that's what makes scratch building stuff so much fun!!!! finding ways to do expensive things with little or no money :D looks awesome by the by. Have you tried looking at the wire spools at your local hardware store to get the length you want?? i know at mine i can get some decent aluminum wire (armature wire) for a fair price :D good luck!

Thanks DJW, I'll definitely check out some wire next time I'm at the hardware store.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back