Power Rangers 2017 Paint

Hello there,

I am trying to replicate the design on the paint job they did for the new power ranger suits. I cannot figure out a way to replicate the pattern. I have tried alternate methods like using plastic wrap. But anyone here have any Idea how to get a very similar look?

View attachment 716761
View attachment 716762

Here is my attempt with plastic wrap.

View attachment 716763
View attachment 716764

The closest thing I can think of is marbled spray paint, but thats still just sort of a "close enough"

How did you do the plastic wrap? Im modding a Red Ranger Big Fig by Jakks Pacific and that looks like the best way to add that texture... I know the general concept of the plastic wrap method but what color was applied with the wrap? The lighter red or the darker?

The closest thing I can think of is marbled spray paint, but thats still just sort of a "close enough"

How did you do the plastic wrap? Im modding a Red Ranger Big Fig by Jakks Pacific and that looks like the best way to add that texture... I know the general concept of the plastic wrap method but what color was applied with the wrap? The lighter red or the darker?

I believe we've already solved it, have a read through the posts.

EDIT:

Took a screen shot from SuperwomanVlogs' video on Youtube, and we get a nice shot of the inside of the helmet. You can see the engraved details, and it does look to be tinted translucent resin, maybe someone else can confirm. Lastly, it doesnt look to be painted silver on the inside? Not sure how they made it opaque...

IMG_4815.PNG

Last edited:
What we meant is that a silver base layer is used, and a candy/transparent colour on top. However, that'd work for /my/ method. For the other method, I'd expect them to lay down the transparent colour first, and then the silver.. It's the same effect through.

Oh I understood that, completely. What I was saying from the screen shot posted above, it looks like it was casted with a clear, tinted resin (yellow in this case) so no candy paint required. Not yellow anyway in this example.

As it was mentioned above by Kylash, I think they made the armour the same way they made the coins, this potenially confirms that theory.

Last edited:
Or, if someone makes a good graphic of what the texture should be, you can look up hydro graphic services. It'll look pretty much identical if the graphic is done right, and should cost around $100 for a helmet.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back