Possible new lightsaber staff from Episode VII trailer + first continuity error

Unforgiven

So I'm watching the trailer for the zillioneth time, and I noticed strapped to Daisy Ridley's character's speeder what looks like a Maul saber re-purposed as a staff weapon. Opinions? And then, as she speeds away, the staff is absent from the frame - I may have discovered the first continuity error of the new trilogy! :) Let's hope they add it in post.

SW Episode VII continuity error.jpg

Hence use of the words "possible" and "may have." We have a year to speculate. :)

But let's discuss the saber staff - definitely has the Maul hilt-like fins. It would make sense that in addition to saber hilts, jedis and siths alike would also use standoff weapons like "light staffs."

Well when comparing even the finned area to a Maul (which is easy to due to the millions of pics of the Maul lightsaber that are on the net), there are obvious differences. It's definitely NOT a repurposed Maul/Luminara saber. I also seriously doubt it is a part of a lightsaber at all. Who wants to start a pool? ;)

Well when comparing even the finned area to a Maul (which is easy to due to the millions of pics of the Maul lightsaber that are on the net), there are obvious differences. It's definitely NOT a repurposed Maul/Luminara saber. I also seriously doubt it is a part of a lightsaber at all. Who wants to start a pool? ;)

Put me down for 10 Imperial credits that it's a long range rifle like Aurra Sing would use.

So I'm watching the trailer for the zillioneth time, and I noticed strapped to Daisy Ridley's character's speeder what looks like a Maul saber re-purposed as a staff weapon. Opinions? And then, as she speeds away, the staff is absent from the frame - I may have discovered the first continuity error of the new trilogy! :) Let's hope they add it in post.

View attachment 410452
To me, at least, it looks like a Clone Wars Era stun staff. Kind of like the Assassin Droids used.

We wont know for sure until we see it powered up.

The idea or part of the mold could have come from those padawan sabers in Ep. 2 that looked like a chunk of Maul's

Has any seen starwars clone wars cartoon in 2002? On there speeders they have staffs that are beassicly like spears or jousting sticks, that's my guess on what it is. Prototypical said the same.

The idea or part of the mold could have come from those padawan sabers in Ep. 2 that looked like a chunk of Maul's
That is possible. The youngling sabers were based on Darth Maul lightsaber toys.

My guess is that parts of a Darth Maul saber toy was put on the prop just to mess with us.
The prop could be just about anything.

Have you considered that the shot of the speeder flying away is simply FLIPPED?
I tried to compare the weathering in both pictures, but it doesn´t match.

So no continuity, but an editing error IMHO

Markus

Have you considered that the shot of the speeder flying away is simply FLIPPED?
I tried to compare the weathering in both pictures, but it doesn´t match.

So no continuity, but an editing error IMHO

Markus

I agree. I think the shot was flipped.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back