Poseable Mannequin

Hedjii72

Sr Member
Has anyone ever gotten one of these Poseable Mannequins ?

This is not a live auction, it is ended.

I would like any opinions on these. Will they stand up? Can a stand be made for them? I already asked the seller if the fingers could be cut apart and they said yes. It seems like a good solution for those on a budget.

yep, got one in my living room as a matter of fact.

they wont stand by themselves, or at least it would be a challenge to make it do so. its a big foam padded body with big bendy wires running through it.

i had one with a spidey costume hanging from my ceiling earlier in the year, they only weigh about 10 pounds or so.

im looking to get rid of it if you at in the market for one. fingers already cut apart as spidey couldnt wear his gloves without that.

chris

Ultimately it depends on what you want it for, and how realistic you want it. You have to make a stand for it, or provide some other means of support. It is very skinny and will have to be beefed up to look "right". Also, it seams to be out of proportion. The styrofoam head it comes with sucks, as it is ****** to the side. I wound up taking my hands(and head) off and replacing them with PVC caps.

How do they measure the six foot length?

I got a similar one several years ago for my Robocop and the six foot length was measured from the end of the toe to the top of the head, not from heel to head.

I ended up with a mannequin that stood 5'6"at best :(

Don't mean to hijack this thread but anyone have a line on a place to get a inexpensive standing mannequin? I have been searching awhile but I really don't want to shell out $300.0 for one. Please PM me if you have any help.

Thanks. :D

Originally posted by TK-1161@Jan 3 2006, 04:22 AM
Don't mean to hijack this thread but anyone have a line on a place to get a inexpensive standing mannequin? I have been searching awhile but I really don't want to shell out $300.0 for one. Please PM me if you have any help.
[snapback]1149268[/snapback]​
share the info, I would be interested as well.

A quick search on Ebay will reveal all you need to know. Also you can google "male mannequin" and find anything you want. Jersey form poseable mannequin for $250, and 6' 6" mannequin for $100 for example.

In my opinion those bendy mannequins are TERRIBLE, only good for a Halloween Zombie and there are many better alternatives on ebay for a little more money....

ive done a lot of searching, but i really havent found much in the mannequin game thats poseable, much less one thats poseable and a good deal.

if you are able to work with fiberglass and bondo, theres no reason you cant chop shop a generic mannequin into something cool. look at what rileyreplicas does ;)

id love to know if there is one out there sub 200 bucks, so if anyone has an idea or knows of a decent one, i wouldnt be adverse to the info myself.

chris

Trimmed%20Front%20Large.jpg

artsee1.com

Paul

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back