Polymorph

If you have a mask and you wanna make your own bio you could cover the mask with tin foil or something and then heat some water and just start molding the mask using polymorph. The bio would fit the mask like a glove and when you are done just let it cool and pull it of. I think you can paint the cooled polymorph and the paint would probably also give it more durability and strength.

Ive used polymorph several times for prop related stuff, very handy stuff, but you need to work quick, and to get it very pliable it has to be bloody hot.

So is it a plastic polymer in the family of hot glue? Or is it a whole other animal. It looked like little beads so you have to melt it and pour it? Interesting stuff.

its polymer. it melts at 62celsius so i dont know how it behaves as costume probs. i think you can get the same stuff in sheets also but it goes in different name. 3mm PVC plastic sheets are prolly better and its sturdier than polymorph.

Polymorph is tiny little beads , and when moulded to whatever you want it is bloody tough to break, i mean UBER tough.

another upside is, if you make something and dislike it, put it back in boiling water and it can be remoulded over and over and over.

This is the same stuff they provide with fake teeth around halloween. This is a great idea and could be put to use by some talented individuals.

its great stuff, i've used it for everything from animatronic linkages to pred teeth, as its translucent white its great for teeth and tusks, but takes practice to get it right, cheap to!

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back