Please help identify this Return to Oz painting / illustration

OzReturner

Sr Member
I also asked this over in my Return to Oz thread, but can anyone ID this illustration on the wall of Dorothy's psych hospital room? Image searches didn't help me, maybe somebody recognizes it.

Screenshot:

3.PNG

Poorly straightened and brightened by me:

Rest.jpg

Thanks for any help!

Not quite. But strangely close.
"I will give you rest." is from the bible, and so, some random artwork may have been added to the text to make the picture.

Attachments

• tmp.jpg
    tmp.jpg
    279.8 KB · Views: 76
Other than guessing the text under it is citing Book, Chapter, and Verse I have not had any luck.
It looks like Matthew was shortened, so probably Mat 11:28 or Matt 11:28. I am having trouble with the number of characters and it is only part of that verse, and I don't know if that requires something special.

Last edited:
Definitely possible, but it's such a short duration shot, seems like a lot of work for an unimportant, 3 second painting
Well; two possibilities:
The artist did/had that painting years ago and decided to use it in the sequence.
The sequence could've been longer, but the director decided to cut it to the one seen in the movie...;)

Well, I just emailed Mike Ploog's agent, using the IMDB contact info. Not expecting a return answer, but here's hoping he can provide any kind of lead / answer!

Well, I just emailed Mike Ploog's agent, using the IMDB contact info. Not expecting a return answer, but here's hoping he can provide any kind of lead / answer!
Mike is very active on Facebook too. He actively interacts on there. But I don’t feel that illustration is his. It’s just not his style. Mike was mostly the storyboard artist and concept artist, so he most likely did pre-production concept illustration work.

Sometimes you might have a place holder. Something to represent what you're looking for until you might find something more accurate. I don't know if this helps you at all. :)

Attachments

• girls tree 4.jpg
    girls tree 4.jpg
    7 MB · Views: 67
Sometimes you might have a place holder. Something to represent what you're looking for until you might find something more accurate. I don't know if this helps you at all. :)
Thank you so much! It will indeed do nicely as a placeholder. I really appreciate the effort, and am kind of amazed so many of you have taken an interest in this little art hunt. Thanks a bunch!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back