Please delete

GreenLightning

I like to say thank you to Fierfek for the awsome pdo file. All Right this is my first costume I have ever made (and defently not the last :cool ) So far I am still working on the helmet. I just have to resin and bondo it. Here is what I have so far.

RoyalGaurd011.jpg

RoyalGaurd012.jpg

Here is one with me wearing the Helmet.

RoyalGaurd013.jpg

Well thats where I am at so far. It will take me a while to get the whole out fit done, but I'm hoping to get it done before halloween.

Last edited:
Re: GreenLightning's Royal Guard... WIP

Maybe its just me...but did you build it with regular paper or cardstock? The paper looks kind of thin in certain spots. If it's not cardstock then you will need to reinforce before applying resin and bondo.

Maybe its just me...but did you build it with regular paper or cardstock? The paper looks kind of thin in certain spots. If it's not cardstock then you will need to reinforce before applying resin and bondo.

Thats my wonderful camera skills :rolleyes It is 110bl cardstock paper

I think my least favorite part is going to be the lens for the visor sense I have no Idea how to make them or get them :facepalm

Nice pep build. I actually downloaded this file too in the hopes of tackling it for next year. As a new pep builder myself, let me offer once piece of advice; Make sure you are happy with the size before continuing. In my eye, the helm looks a little small on you. It fits, but keep in mind that you will be adding fiberglass and padding inside. At that point, it may be too small for you. A good rule of thumb passed along to me was to make a helmet about 1 to 1 1/4 inches wider than you head when you scale it. I had to redo my helm a second time for the same reason. I'm not telling you your build doesn't look right -- as I said, you did a fine job. But its easier to start fresh now if you think your helm may end up being too small than it will be after all of the work that will go into future stages. Maybe some other people can weigh in on this -- more experienced builders.

You can also buy a replacement shield for a welder's mask for the faceplate. There are some good tutorials over on the 405th. for installation. Good luck and keep posting.

Nice pep build. I actually downloaded this file too in the hopes of tackling it for next year. As a new pep builder myself, let me offer once piece of advice; Make sure you are happy with the size before continuing. In my eye, the helm looks a little small on you. It fits, but keep in mind that you will be adding fiberglass and padding inside. At that point, it may be too small for you. A good rule of thumb passed along to me was to make a helmet about 1 to 1 1/4 inches wider than you head when you scale it. I had to redo my helm a second time for the same reason. I'm not telling you your build doesn't look right -- as I said, you did a fine job. But its easier to start fresh now if you think your helm may end up being too small than it will be after all of the work that will go into future stages. Maybe some other people can weigh in on this -- more experienced builders.

You can also buy a replacement shield for a welder's mask for the faceplate. There are some good tutorials over on the 405th. for installation. Good luck and keep posting.

Agreed on the size. If you don't have any room for padding it'll be hell to wear. Your eyes sit perfect now, but you want a half inch or so of padding on top of your head.

I actually had a similar issue with sizing with my Mando helm. It fits, but it's a bit wide for my frame and I have exactly enough space front to back and with the height.

Sorry I haven't been on lately. So far these are good advices. I'll probably continue this helmet as a practice then make a slightly bigger one. I haven't really gotten a chance to work on it sense I just started working. Soon I should be able to work more on it in the future.

Sorry I haven't been on lately. So far these are good advices. I'll probably continue this helmet as a practice then make a slightly bigger one. I haven't really gotten a chance to work on it sense I just started working. Soon I should be able to work more on it in the future.

I know how it goes, I started my Mando helm last year, still not close to done. Life just tends to get in the way of being a nerd all the time.

Oh yes it does. Started my Dredd helm back in June and haven't touched it since I finished building the pep. Too many projects have come up at home.

Lol. Tell me about it. Does any body know how to make the helmet bigger with pepakura viewer?

You can't. Only in Pepakura Designer can you scale. The main difference between the free and purchased version is being able to save the file after it's modified.

Well that stinks?

How so? Designer is free to download. You can scale, you can remove, join/disjoin parts. You just can't save with the free version but instead have to keep the program and (your PC on) open throughout your project.

How so? Designer is free to download. You can scale, you can remove, join/disjoin parts. You just can't save with the free version but instead have to keep the program and (your PC on) open throughout your project.

Oh... I had the wrong impression. Ok I'll go check it out and download it :facepalm

Ok small update, nothing superb yet. I downloaded the designer had a blast with it. Gave the helmet 7mm more than the first helmet. So far the size looks pretty good. Its a lot more roomy on the inside and it reaches my shoulders. Soon I should be able to by resin. Its going to have to wait a little bit though.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back