PlatinumPatriot - Metal Master Chief build

I see what you're saying, but his armor doesnt make sense though:

masterchiefb.jpg

It's like his chest piece is stretched vertically... but it looks normally shaped.

Mabey he's just got a Short torso?

I also see that the cod piece is stretched tall too. That helps take up some of the area.

Does anyone know of any pieces/parts floating around, that I could use to fill in the area?

I'll take some pics of the cod and chest together, and see if/how much room it takes up.

The cod on MC actually covers up to his bellybutton. It's silly, but picture it as a metal thong: the sides are riding the top edge of his pelvis.

Based on the location of his armpits, the "top" portion of the chest armor stops at about the bottom of his pecs. If you look, the "armor pecs" end a bit high, at about half an inch or more above the bottom of his pecs. The metal plate below the main chest "vest" is covering about a hands width of his solar plexus. This puts about 3-5 inches between the cod and the lower chestplate.

The important thing to remember is that MC is, like, 7 foot 4, and about 270 lbs of muscle. His proportions make no sense, and on top of that his armor is not perfectly representative of the body beneath.

I mean, the guy fell from orbit, and only suffered a minor armor gouge...

your chest piece is too small to be proportionate to master chief's. look at the difference between the space under your arm vs. his arm. also the chest piece should go down to about the middle of your abs.

I think if you upsized your chest armor 10% it would fit perfect for scale size under the arms and bringing the center of the chest armor down to the correct height thus make the abdominal area easier to armor. Good luck...

I'm not seeing that scaling it up would fix it. If I scale it up, it will not only become TALLER, But it'll become WIDER and THICKER too... I need to just make it taller somehow.

Or, try to make a new Lower-Chest part (the liver protector piece), and just make it longer....

I dunno what i'm gonna do yet....

Wearing my Armor, there's a nice-sized gap, perfect for a well-placed punch to the gut. (not good)

mc17b.png

the chest piece is too small and needs to get scaled up to be proportional. 10% does sound like a good place to start. the chest piece u are wearing fits too well. it should be a little loose on you when you wear it. master chief's armor is composed of inner armor (the black armor) and outer armor (the green armor), so u'll need space for the 'under' armor.

I can help you on the stomach plate, I believe it's DogWizard that has one for sale that looks very nice in the Junkyard here atm. I don't remember how much it was for the piece but it's extremely detailed.

Plat, keep in mind you have it scaled perfectly without an undersuit. Look at it, and be honest with yourself: would you have room to fit a good-looking undersuit between you and your chest plate.

Besides, if it's a bit bigger, it'll make you look even more massive, which is about right for MC cosplay, eh?

Great pep work so far though. Nice crisp lines.

...Back to the Helmet, I think I'll go ahead and make a Regular Master Cheif one, AS WELL AS the Commando one. That way I can choose which one I wanna wear, and besides, even though it's not done right now, the Paper Version of the Commando just doesnt have the overall feel that the 3d Viewport gave me in the Pep Window.

mc18.png

mc19.png

... something about the 3d model just looked better to me, than the paper version.

I dunno... mabey that'll change when I get it finished.

But, I was still enthused as I cut and taped all the other parts. Even though THEY werent finished, I wasnt looking at them and just seeing something wrong. For some reason, the helmet is the only part that's doing this. I dont know what it is that I'm seeing, but i'm seeing SOMETHING......

Anybody else seeing it?

Last edited:
Got an Update here:

mc23k.png

mc24q.png

I started the hand armor (I only need one since it's omni-directional, like the Shin)

Luckily it's only 2 pages, so it'll be done quickly.

Then I still have the Left Thigh, and I think I'll make a rifle too. Just gotta find the right one. Mabey something out of Halo Anniversary...

mc25.png

Or mabey a real-world weapon... i dunno.

Last edited:
...well, i just tried to make the rifle from the 1st game, but it came out too small..... wtf is up with that?

Anyway, i used a different model, and even though it's costing me double to paper, the NEW one seems to be coming together just fine.

Should be done soon.

... update on that:

mc26.png

I have a question.

Am I the only or 1st person to do a rifle here on RPF?

I looked around, but didnt see anybody doing any rifles.

Does anyone know?

So did I.

Didnt get any HALO rifle-specific threads though.

"Rifle" is a vague reference, hence the reason you get back So Many results. "Halo Rifle" doesnt bring up much, if anything.

Hence the reason you didnt post any links in your reply.

Hence.... really. jezz ... Just off the top of my head I believe that Tactonyx, Thorssoli and LeeKegan have made Halo rifles. And I belive they are all members here.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back