PlatinumPatriot - Metal Master Chief build

Well this really sucks. I started my helm - Which is a "COMMANDO" helm that someone modelled, because I like the look of it better than master cheifs, but anyway, I got 1/2 way done, before realizing that the scale is too small.

So now I have to re-size it, and start over. A nice waste of 7 pages...

mc11fail.jpg

It almost looks like a TRON helmet from the side.

Looking good so far. That is one heck of a press you have there. I would be too tempted to place things inside just to watch them go squish.

...OK, now im gettin pised.

I scaled it up, AND IT WAS STILL TOO SMALL ! ! !

That's never happened before...

What the hell. Am I doing something wrong?

mc12fail2.jpg

7 MORE pages I gotta throw away, So, i'll scale it up AGAIN....

Last edited:
patience, young jedi. scaling a helmet is an art, you gotta be pretty lucky to get it right on the first try
i had to build 4 war machine helmets to get a fitting one

...Alrighty, let's see if the Force is With me this time:

I remade it, i'm about 1/2 way through, (the other pieces are off to the side, I just havent attached them yet), and even WITH my hat on, it appears to be OK. (hat will not be worn once completed, only shown to better demonstrate that it's bigger, and MAY work this time)

mc13.png

I even threw my IM helm in there, for a scale reference.

mc14.png

IM helm fits Snug, this Commando Helm looks like it'll be big enough to wear BOTH at the same time. Extra Protection from Hunter Cannons, eh?

I am 99% sure you are Iron Patriot... You have given yourself away many different times now.:lol

I am not saying anything bad, but why the new account man?

Yeah...on second thought I am 100% positive see attached picture of your very defensive post in lildo's thread where you know he is actually making a Iron Man suit out of metal.:lol

That thread you are referencing was locked way before you joined in October. Plus you post a lot lot in Iron Man building Threads as well as you black your face out in every photo in this thread....So yeah Iron Patriot I am gonna have to call you on this one.:lol

Also if you are in fact ironpatriot you might want to ask the mods to delete one of your accounts fair warning I am not the only smart guy on here and heck I am not even close to being the smartest! The vast majority of guys on here are much smarter than I am......wait till you meet Alan or Larry.:lol

It is against the rules of this forum to have multiple accounts. Check the user guidelines for sockpuppet accounts.

I personally don't care, but I would hate to see you get banned over it.

If you are not IronPatriot then of course I am sorry, but the chain of evidence and a little shadiness highly suggests that you are one and the same.

Last edited:
Not to mention that he also ignores all other posts, even ones that have helpful criticism, suggestions etc and just goes on to post pictures of his build.

...you guys having fun?... damn. my last post was not too long ago, and theres like 10 new posts between then and now...

Anyway, helm is right size now.

mc15.png

Last edited:
Guys, he's not making over extended claims, or doing anything but working on the costume.

Let's be supportive instead of dredging up old threads. He's doing good work and has a reasonable plan as to how to accomplish his goals.

Patriot, looks like you've got the scaling pretty good. It'll give you plenty of room for padding and electronics. Nice.

Guys, he's not making over extended claims, or doing anything but working on the costume.

Let's be supportive instead of dredging up old threads. He's doing good work and has a reasonable plan as to how to accomplish his goals.

Patriot, looks like you've got the scaling pretty good. It'll give you plenty of room for padding and electronics. Nice.

good call:)... being nice and supportive is the best...:thumbsup (nothing bad happened yet...at least for the moment...:D)

Keep it up platinumpatriot... I'll give you the benefit of the doubt...:angel

cheers!

I imposed the Pep-View of the completed helm onto an old pic:

mc16b.png

I'm just wondering about the abdomin. It's a wide-open space, that has no armor. Nothing going on. Even when I do the COD piece, i'll have a big armor-less area right in the center.

Any ideas? Any pieces out there that would do great as an abdomin plate?

well judging by pictures of MC, the upper armor covers and extends slightly past where his ribcage would end, then theres a portion of unarmored abdomen, and then his groin/hip armor. You might have to rescale that torso armor a tad bigger

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back