Plastic sheeting

hez1

So I've been searching for colored transparent plastic sheeting for ages now. I've found all the colors that I could want, but NO ONE does it in the thickness that I want. I would like 1/16", but apparently the thinnest anyone does is 1/8". Does anyone know of anywhere that might be able to supply various colors (grey, green, yellow, red) that can be seen through at a 1/16" thickness? I would much appreciate any info.

I think you may want to look for See-Through Polycarbonate. I think the problem with that is the limitation of stock colors.

Sheet Thickness:
.030”, .040”, .060”, .093”, .118”, .177”, .220”, .236”, .375”, .500

Available Colors:
Clear, Gray, Graylite, and Bronze and Light Green. Custom colors available upon request.

My local Piedmont Plastics is only open M-F so I can't give them a call but this is a page from their site:
http://www.piedmontplastics.com/html/prodn...e_Sheet-349.htm

There's a company around here called Midwest Products that sells to the local hobby shops. Their Super Sheets section lists various thicknesses of clear styrene and transparent colored PVC.

Problem is, they don't sell it in the thickness you're looking for. The tinted PVC sheets are 0.01 inch or 0.005 inch thick, while the clear sheet PVC and polyester comes in a variety of thicknesses. You could probably take a sheet of the tinted PVC and laminate it over the clear PVC or polyester. I suppose your success in laminating it depends on whether you want it to be flat, or whether you intend to bend or thermoform it or anything like that.

They have the clear sheets for sale in their online shop.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back