Pixar's Brave trailer

Nice! I like the look! The wilderness rendering is GORGEOUS. I'm glad they actually have a plot now, from what I last heard with the teaser trailer, they didn't even have a plot nailed down yet.

And redheads, damn it!

Graphics, gorgeous.

Character design, too similar to Tangled, but Tangled's people looked better. This may sound shallow, but I typically do not enjoy an animated film with unattractive characters as much as I do with attractive characters.

I don't particularly care for Scottish accents, and sometimes get annoyed trying to watch a movie with only that...I think it's just 'cause it's not one I hear often so usually I feel like I'm missing things that are being said.

And I'm no PETA activist, but I don't like that the main plot is a 'princess' going to kill a bear. BLEGH.

I'll probably see it, but seeing as I'm not really a Pixar fan ( I did like Ratatouille and Wall-E, however. I acknowledge that the rest are 'good' but not my cup of tea. ), I expect I'll be underwhelmed with pretty much everything except the graphics.

Micdavis, I'd have to disagree. Though the main character is female, it's definitely a story to appeal to both genders. It's not a typical 'princess' story, with Merida being feisty and stubborn and hunting savvy, so I think the assumption of it being a girly movie is drastically reduced.

Tangled was obviously a princess movie but still did just shy of 600k worldwide, which is pretty good for a 'girl' targeted movie.

To sum it up, I think more than anything the personality and appearance of the main character are off-putting for me. =\

And she has no eyelashes. WHY? All that detail and you can't give the female protagonist eyelashes!?

And I'm no PETA activist, but I don't like that the main plot is a 'princess' going to kill a bear. BLEGH.

I dunno, personally I think it fits. I mean the whole "I'm a princess, I just sit around and look pretty seems kind of dumb for a film taking place in old Scotland. Not to mention is this even a princess film.

The number one reason any of you should want to see this is this: Billy bloody Connelly. He rules!!!!

There are very few 'Princess' movies that I really like, primarily because they tend to be very oriented toward the goal of marrying their prince than standing on their own feet... The exceptions, for me, are Belle from Beauty and the Beast, primarily because she's a bookworm like me, and Mulan because her primary motivation was protecting her father from being forced to serve in a war that would've killed him at his advanced age.

That said, from what I've seen of the story so far, this seems more in line with BatB and Mulan to me than most. The protagonist appears to have a genuine core of strength so far and wants her family to see it.

Also, I love Celtic stuff and, in my opinion, it's a sadly untapped set of mythology. Bring on the Scots and the Celts! :D

Also, I love Celtic stuff and, in my opinion, it's a sadly untapped set of mythology. Bring on the Scots and the Celts! :D

600full-darby-o%27gill-and-the-little-people-screenshot.jpg

:angel

Doug

Yes, I remember being freaked out by parts of Darby O'Gill and it was one of my favorite movies.

However, I stand by my comment. :D

Just backin' ya up. :thumbsup Loved it too (scared the hell out of me when I was a wee lad).

BTW, I'm married to an Irish lass -- best thing I ever did!
You should hear some of the stories my father in law tells - more entertaining than any movie!

Doug

Just backin' ya up. :thumbsup Loved it too (scared the hell out of me when I was a wee lad).

BTW, I'm married to an Irish lass -- best thing I ever did!
You should hear some of the stories my father in law tells - more entertaining than any movie!

Doug

Oh, man, I'd LOVE to hear some of those stories... You're a lucky man. :D

Graphics, gorgeous.

And she has no eyelashes. WHY? All that detail and you can't give the female protagonist eyelashes!?

She has eyelashes lol but they are hard to spot and you can only see them at certain angles. All my friends and my great grand mother that were true red heads have much lighter eyelashes. Some times even blonde. So I think they are just making it realistic.

I personalty can't wait to see this movie. I have an Irish and Scottish heritage so the accent intrigues me. When I go to the Ren Fairs I love talking in an accent. And I love the music!!! But to each to their own. What appeals to me may not appeal to some one else. :)

I think I want to be here for halloween... I'm trying to come up with a new costume idea. Thoughts?

Want to know How THE new dolby standarts sound ! Brave is THE first movie with it cant explane it good cause my english is not THAT good :p

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back