Pirates prop idea...

Discussion in 'Replica Props' started by Aaron_1973, Jul 15, 2006.

1. Aaron_1973

Aaron_1973 New Member

Have any of the Pirates prop fans thought of or tried making Ragetti's wooden eye?

2. Ramiel

Ramiel Sr Member

I'm sure you're the first one, but if you'll do the eye, you should make the eye with the fork (as display) :D

3. hydin

hydin Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

i made one a while back from a wooden "craft sphere" they sell in bags at wal mart and michaels. i forget the size i used, but it was a little bigger than a quarter (they had over and way under). neat fact, the average human eye diameter is the size of a quarter ;)

white acrylic wash a few times, and some hand painting for the iris, and my friend had something to go with his coin.

the bonus to this is while its hard to find 100% round spheres, the ones i picked up had a small hole in the back, which helped make displaying it a lot easier.

total cost was something like 5$.

chris

4. PHArchivist

PHArchivist Master Member

There's some decent imagery of the contact lens they used on one of the features on the DVD.

5. division 6

division 6 Master Member

Original prop sold in Disney Auction.
    [​IMG]

D6

6. LiquidPhoenix

LiquidPhoenix Well-Known Member

omg. I went to walmart after the movie and thought about making the eye. I even found the right size 1 1/4" but they are not fully round so am still checking out craft stores. I did however start the base for the eye to look like a plank from the ship. I also though about the 97 cent apples to display with it. Just cheap props that everyone can make.

-LP

7. RedTwoX

RedTwoX Sr Member

<div class='quotetop'>(division 6 @ Jul 15 2006, 06:11 PM) [snapback]1281526[/snapback]</div>
    Thanks for sharing the pic D6 :thumbsup

This is such an obvious choice for a home made prop replica, I can't imagine why it never occured to me take a shot at it before reading this thread.

8. PHArchivist

Was thinking about the idea with the fork stuck in it... Fun little prop...

9. PHArchivist

Found some spheres at Michael's. Will have to crank this out.

10. tk2647

tk2647 Well-Known Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Thanks for this nice idea . Tomorrow we have here in Germany the premier of PotC and a friend of mine has worked for over a year on his Jack Sparrow costume (incl. extremely not-shaving for having the beard and the locks .) and this is very nice little present for him .

Here is it including "coffee-weathering" ;)

[​IMG]