people dressed as goths go to disneyland en-masse (yearly event)

Re: people dressed as goths goto disneyland en-masse (yearly event)

-Just Like Heaven

-Love Song

-Friday I'm in Love

Or probably none of those, right?

Brian

Oh, except of course for The Cure...there are at least four great songs, three of which are on Disintegration.

"Trust", I love. And "Letter to Elise". And "Inbetween Days"...

Scott

Goth & Emo are way way on other ends from each other. Victorian Gothic is lovely to look at but Emo has no sense of style. It makes for some fun people watching but no its not about dressing up like a zombie! Its about a group of people with like minded enjoyments getting together. I would think this site would be the last to look down their noses at another subculture.
:rolleyes Hey look I used it again. Seriously It is scenesters who want to make up these little sub groups of a bigger group and all of it is void of what it was about. The Music. Kids and there uniforms of style. :darnkids

I remember sneaking into the Batcave in NYC back in the '90's and went back in 2000 it became a who has the darkest soul and coolest outfit contest.

You mention Victorian when really that is just one variation of many looks. Check out Siouxsie and the Banshees, Sisters of Mercy imo they sure do seem to have a closer style to "Emo" than the Victorian style you mention.

@Larry I saw the cure in '94 and they put on a hell of a show. The Cranes opened for them.

I only wear black till they come out with a darker color. lol

"Catch", "Lovesong", "Fascination Street", and insert completely predictable song title here.

Hey, look! You guys totally changed my mind by writing out your favorite Cure songs!

Oh, wait, no you didn't, because The Cure sucks except for two songs. :lol

You'd be surprised at how many Characters are actually goths (or hang out with 'em).

I'm not entirely sure what this thread is meant to be about, are you making fun of people that attend Bats Day or just posting about it? Bats Day is a multi-day event. Friday and Sat. nights there is a big private party and costume ball at a nearby hotel, along with a ton of vendors (I'm hoping to be one next year) and on Sunday is park day.

We've attended it for the last 3 years ( we have premium annual passes anyway), and yes in costume! Though I go in Steampunk and my GF is more Gothic Lolita style. And most "goths" that attend in costume are all really happy and laughing and having fun!

a4-vi.jpg

Disneyland actually works with the event promoters in an unofficial way, they allow the very LARGE picture to be taken in front of the castle AND have a whole block of time to ride the Haunted Mansion for the attending goths, with group photos on the stairs of the mansion! I think Bats Day is one of the most Unofficial "fan-days" that take place at DL. I know there's a Star Trek Day, Star Wars Day, Gay Day and a couple others!

Welcome to the official Bats Day in the Fun Park Website

Death in June are good, also like Current93 especially Lucifer Over London. They seem to have a Brit folk revivalist sound going on.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back