Passing of Faustus 100

kokkari

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I just wanted to take a moment and let everyone know that one of our own members Duane O'Brian (Faustus 100) passed away. Although I did not know him personally, I know many of you did. I told my friend and former RPF member Raymond Perez I would pass this along in his behalf.

"Faustus 100" passed away today. Most of the members there knew him from his 5-foot Falcon build that he was building throughout the years and interacted with other members building their Falcons. His name was Duane O'Brien and he passed away from complications from a stroke that he suffered about a year ago. I just got off the phone with his mother and she confirmed his passing. Duane would have been 58 on this June 22nd the same day as my own birthday and we both lived in Bronx New York we had so much in common. I told his mother of his passion for modeling and I told her I would let the guys on the modeling group know if they could say something and remember him and say a prayer for him. I would also appreciate it on behalf of his family thank you. Ray Perez former RPF Member.

Thank you for posting this, I had no idea Duane had passed away!.
So sad to hear & condolences to his family.
He was a very talented modeler & his Falcon build was fantastic. He gave me alot of info of which I will be forever grateful & we traded parts & info back & forth.

Rest in peace my friend, you will be missed!.

Stu

I’m saddened by this. I never met him, but interacted with him on this and other forums. He will be missed. RIP.

Rest in Peace Duane. Had some AMAZING and FUN interactions with him, he did an amazing job on his Falcon, and had such a passion for it.

That incredible talent is now working his magic in the Heavens!

The Force will be with you, Always.

F%$#. I'm sure I saved every post Duane ever made as he was truly devoted to his masterful work and it was a joy to see. A heartbreaking loss.

Would you be able to post Duanes work he did on the Falcon here for us?. I never did save his images & I think to see his work here would be a nice tribute to him.

I am very saddened by the passing of our good friend and fellow geek / modeler. Rest in Peace and thank you for all you gave and those you inspired.

What!!!??? No! No! No! I am so sorry! This is awful! I am surprised to see that his first name is shown as “Duane”. In our correspondence, he always signed his name Wayne. We carried on a very long correspondence, and became good friends. Some years back, over a long period of time, I provided him with a multitude of accurate blueprints I generated for the “5-footer” Falcon hull, and blueprints for greeblies that weren’t identified at the time. We were sort of building his Falcon together via emails, and he was going to make extra greebly casts for me at some point. He wanted to fly me to where he lived to for all the help I had given him. Although I accepted, my health began a serious, steep decline, so I never got to take him up on his kind offer and meet him in person. I thought surely I would meet my demise long before he did—and I’m older! This sucks!!! He was a very, very good person, and his passing is a great loss. Now I will have to wait to see him in the next life.

Mark

Coming in late to this but I was always in awe of Faustus100's Falcon build and I'm very saddened to hear of his passing. My condolences to his family and the friends he had here at The RPF.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back