Painted Raptor claw

I painted one of my Raptor claws today. Top one is just grey primer. Tell me what you think of the color combination.
IMG_20100919_155525_edit0.jpg

IMG_20100919_155535_edit0.jpg

Dang, that's a *nice* paintjob! What kind of paints did you use and how did you get this to look so good?

The anthropologist in me is screaming that it's probably not realistically colored from a dinosaurian perspective, but I'm in the process of beating him into submission. :)

Is this a custom paint scheme rather than a JP scheme? Interested to know why you went with a green tinge (or is it just the way it's photographed?). I don't think I've ever seen any claws that have a green colouration.

If you still want reference to go by, this is probably the best pic (this is a SW paint test):

norm-4ac22e9c26950-Jurassic+Park+%281993%29.jpeg

Hey, I just re-read my comment.. there's a possibility it sounds like I'm taking a crap on your paint job.. I want to assure you that was NOT my intention, and I apologize if that's how it came across. I think your paint job is pretty damn fantastic.

I know this thread is a little old but does any one have a good size reference for the raptor claw? I have been looking all over for a picture of a claw next to something I could use as a scale.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back