P2 Elder Head Display

Yautjakshai

Ok folks... now, I feel like a little itty bitty child amongst all you amazingly talented artists so please don't be too harsh. ;)

I was not gifted with artistic skill, but I think I definitely came with a love of Predator. LOL! So... at the end of 2015, I was lucky enough to purchase a Predator mask (my first one!) from MastersPred (thank you for that!), and I had a plan to turn him into a foam-filled P2 Elder head display bust. Well... that was the plan. Of course, I have no idea what I'm doing, how to paint, use an airbrush, or pretty much anything else. None the less, I bought an airbrush and started practicing.

So.... this is what the mask came to me like:

elder%20head%20before%202_zpssn5kfz7p.jpg

elder%20head%20before%203_zps0ao6xtcl.jpg

I'm not even going to bother with the step by step process of painting it up - suffice to say, I painted him and repainted him and re-re-re--re-re-re-painted him a total of 10 times.

Now, he's STILL NOT DONE, but I could not resist sharing the photos any more. I am very pleased with how he's turning out. Eventually when I learn more, I'll probably repaint him again and try to get it closer and better to what it should be. I still have to add more dreads (I ran out of backer rod) and I need to get all the dread rings and the little gold "end cap" thingies for the bottom of the dreads, I currently only have a couple on there. But he's coming along.

Again, this is my first time... and having no artistic skill, this is really a struggle for me. Please be kind. OK! :unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure:

elder%20head%20after%204_zps73qqad0o.jpg

elder%20head%20after%205_zpskxupyqio.jpg

elder%20head%20after%201_zpsvo6tuyxm.jpg

elder%20head%20after%203_zpscnsi53q4.jpg

elder%20head%20after%205_zpskxupyqio.jpg

It looks pretty damn awesome, not even considering for a first mask.

You may not have the skill level of some people here, but allot of that comes from practice. I don't think any of us here started as master sculptors, painters, or anything like that (not that I'm considering myself to be one yet of course) but with time and trying we improved.

In the best way possible: That's one ugly mother... ;)

That's a cool head, I'm impressed, even more so as this your first attempt at such a project!
And the painting, re-painting, trying out new stuff and finding out what works and what doesn't is all part of the fun.
Be sure to post more on your progress!

Thank you! I am very pleased with how it came out. First attempt at painting and all, the elder is a very difficult paint job. Maybe one of these times I'll start with something simple for the first time. Nooooo, what fun would that be.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back