P1 Display Stand

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Lowdmekon

Hi All,

I'm starting gonna make a display stand for my P1 Bio as I'm nearly there with the refining and re sculpting.

My Q's are I kind of know what I wanna do but am drawing a blank as to how about going about doing it.

I've puts some pics below of the shape I'm going for. I was going to try and go for like a set of armour and maybe incorporate the plasma gun at the front. maybe shoulder armour, P1 of course-ish. Also maybe have a bone/bead necklace. I got the ideas for looking about on a few forums.

The link give some great inspiration. http://www.thehunterslair.com/topic/24048-new-video-of-trophy-skulls-on-pg-3-also-pics-and-videos-of-all-my-predator-armor-helmets-and-predator-stuff-productionscheck-it-out/

Any ideas or drawings of pics of what i could do would be some great inspiration. My claying is not bad, I'm ok at fibreglassing. I was thinking maybe foam filler and the cut a rough shape out then smooth. Then add seperate peices on maybe.

Any ideas welcome !!!!

All I've got at the min is a rough MDF frame kind of thing.

Stand1.jpg

Stand2.jpg

Stand3.jpg

Stand4.jpg

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

MasterAnubis

I really like that vision. (y)

You don't need to keep with the exact shapes. Though that will look great. I envision the shoulder bell shape that is elongated to meet the pillar looking better, more display like.

I'd attack this with clay and make a mold, but I like clay... and molding. You can go about using anything you want - as in "found" items. If your only making one then you may want to consider a "water gun" cannon . Foamies or even something like plaster or paper can be shaped right for you to fiberglass resin over.

The P1 theme on an AVP base may throw people too. o_O

Darth Pinhead

I am going to play Devil's Advocate. My thoughts on it are that you want to be careful about not over-doing the base, thus pulling the eye from the bio. The focal point should be the bio. On the other hand, I dig the idea of working the plating up the two sides and think it's a great tie-in to the rest of the costume. Not quite sold on the cannon, though. Still seems a bit much. Maybe the blades coming out the front, with 1" spacing between them? OK, I admit it, I'm no help. As you were...

Lowdmekon

I am going to play Devil's Advocate. My thoughts on it are that you want to be careful about not over-doing the base, thus pulling the eye from the bio. The focal point should be the bio. On the other hand, I dig the idea of working the plating up the two sides and think it's a great tie-in to the rest of the costume. Not quite sold on the cannon, though. Still seems a bit much. Maybe the blades coming out the front, with 1" spacing between them? OK, I admit it, I'm no help. As you were...
I think maybe your right looking at the crappy mock up I've done. It does detract for the Bio.

Although I will take on board all other coms about sculpting and come up with a more simple yet complementary stand.

Cheers All