Original Stormtrooper Eyes

rentonjosh

In the nearly 40 years that star wars has been around I'm solution sure that somebody has noticed this but i just picked it up and thought I'd share if somebody hadn't. Stormtrooper yes are really dark green lenses, not just tinted grey. I dunno, I use thought it was kind of cool. Here's a picture. Who knows, I'll bet there were different versions made as well so there are royally other versions then just tinted green. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1432851898.868053.jpg

yes. common knowledge among stormtrooper /501st community and most Star wars costuming fans.... has been for quite some time. glad you picked up on it.

In the nearly 40 years that star wars has been around I'm solution sure that somebody has noticed this but i just picked it up and thought I'd share if somebody hadn't. Stormtrooper yes are really dark green lenses, not just tinted grey. I dunno, I use thought it was kind of cool. Here's a picture. Who knows, I'll bet there were different versions made as well so there are royally other versions then just tinted green. View attachment 482858

Bubble lenses were only used on Hero ANH and the RotJ helmets so flat lenses are screen accurate too on ANH Stunt and ESB style.

It's just a flat piece that I bent in there, and piggy-backed off the screws I was already using to hold the ears on. I took this picture right after mounting the green lens:

http://brandoncrismon.com/gallery/var/albums/Stormtrooper-TK-Build/IMG_1845.jpg?m=1432571852

Here's a good video tutorial from Trooperbay: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jB-zJZ_j_0

I know of trooperbay, dealt with him many times, but if you want true accuracy on your flat lenses then got for acetate lenses, they might be flimsy but are accurate.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back