Original AMT Refit

i just need to suck it up and get one of these kits, so many awesome builds (this one included)... must build one for myself AHHH

Nice builds on both the refit and the eagle.I have a 1/350 Refit coming from the U.S.I'm currently doing the windows on the Revell Voyager kit.

Stellar jobs on both models. Indycars are another thing I love as I have both the Dan Gurney and Bobby Unser Eagle kits in my stash. I love the work you did on yours.

The Enterprise looks great... nice, classy and clean. Sure that kit had some flaws when it was issued, but you've shown that it can be done up right if somebody has enough drive to do so.

Wow, thanks for all the compliments guys!

I'm glad it in some way inspires some of you to build. I know watching other builds helped me get back in to modeling and to try to push my limits, so if I did my little part to help in that way I'm happy.

On this one I really wanted to produce a "office desktop/shelf" feel as opposed to a studio scale miniature feel. Definitely wanted to get away from a "toy" feel.

The toughest part of this kit was getting the saucer front end droop sorted -- man it was over a 1/4 of an inch droop if assembled as is. Lots of neck and hull tweaking to get it all lined up.

I can only hope that my 1:350 refit turns out as nice as I want it to be, but it will really push my abilities past my comfort level. Speaking to inspiration, Trekworks refit videos are really boosting my confidence to the point I may actually be able to pull it off. Be sure to check out his youtube channel for some fantastic builds.

Thanks again guys!

Doug

I've never been a fan of the aztecing so i love the smooth look. I had this kit at one point and man it was a pain in spots. I had more trouble with the nacelles than the saucer. Finally i gave up and cut it up to do a diorama of it exploding at the end of Star Trek 3 but never finished it.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back