old thread/ do not bump

Re: ROBOCOP Helmet Build - "Your Move Creep..."

Nice always wanted a Robo helmet,if you feel like giving 1 away let me know...lol

Thanks guys.

The problem I encountered with this clay was when I was molding the sculpt. I was brushing on the silicone and the clay was moving around since it is so soft. I should have sealed it with something. I dunno.

I'm glad I got 2 pulls from it. (Maybe one more, just in case)
I casted a pull that I trimmed and cut the back piece off to see if it fit and it did.
The cast you see, is a thicker cast that I can sand down and clean up.

It's pretty ugly, but I hope to correct that.
Thanks for checking it out.

I wonder if sticking it in the fridge would harden up the clay a bit making it better to get the details and for applying the silicone without the clay moving around.

groovy. I loved seeing how it changed shape over time. the time lapse video was fun. you sure have put a lot of work into this.

Thanks guys.

Yeah, I wasn't using enough reference at first. I adjusted the shape when I realized I was headed for trouble. Plus, I was going about it all wrong. Worrying about details so early (visor)

Finally you post this up! You already know how I feel about this.

Thanks guys.

The problem I encountered with this clay was when I was molding the sculpt. I was brushing on the silicone and the clay was moving around since it is so soft. I should have sealed it with something. I dunno.

Yeah, it's worth the short amount of time it takes to spray a couple coats of clear Krylon on the clay. This also helps if you're doing WED clay walls, because you don't have to be quite as delicate with brushes and makeup sponges when you're cleaning the dividing line and WED residue with the water...

Looking great, brother. Can't wait to see the next phase!

Re: ROBOCOP Replica Costume Build Vlog - (Classic Version) *Project Rebooted Post 1

old thread. please dont bump.

thanks

Last edited:
This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back