Octagonal plastic pipe/bar

Kommissar

Hey all,
i'm looking for a good plastic length of hollow pipe (preferred) or bar that has 8 sides, about 40" long, 6inches (?) wide.

i fancy trying my hand at building
me2-widow-3.jpg

for someone, but i want to keep the shapes as accurate as possible.
any ideas where i may find, or duplicate that shape?
thanks

I think you'll have to pretty much get it custom made. I'm only aware of plastic hex rod available up to 1 inch across the faces, never seen octagonal tube or rod in any size off the shelf.

Easiest/cheaper to make the round barrel the main support/backbone of the rifle, and get some 1/4 inch plastic sheet... cut your octagonals (with barrel hole) and slide over and glue plates to the outside faces to close it off. If you're worried about symmetry, draw up plans and see if anyone here with a laser cutter can cut the octagonals

Y'know they made it an octagon to save on polys in the game so it would run faster right? Since its a game model you should attempt to rip the model to get exact measurements =)

No idea if they are available in the US, but here in Germany you can buy octagonal stuff from thin and light sheetmetal (0,6/0,8mm strong) in every homedepot. Diameter 40mm, 50mm, 60mm, 70mm.

Stahlwelle-11000003 - Jalousiescout.de

They were used on nearly every house as a shaft/axle to cover the windows, pretty cheap stuff. Search for shutter/jalousie.

rolladen45kastenschnitt.jpg

I hope that helps.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back