Obi Wan/Luthor's Trunk. VERY CLOSE one at local Antique Store

hankey01

Sr Member
I was walking by an antique store on Sunday and spotted this. I had the owner email me some pictures today so I could satisfy my curiosity. They are asking $2300 or so for it which is WAYYYYY out of my price range, but this would sure make a cool decoration!

I wonder if they used one of these as a base for the prop in Star Wars and Superman. The old thread I found dealing with these trunks showed a similar one as the closest one people could find.

photoc.jpg

photob.jpg

photoa.jpg

photo.jpg

And pics of the prpo from the movies:

Lightsaberchestrs.jpg

chest3.jpg

chest1.jpg

Looks to me like the wood at the very bottom was removed as well but I'm sure this is the same frame with some enhanced side detail. Thought somebody would be interested....

That is really cool! I didn't know that Twentieth Century Fox had the chest. I always loved that even in a space age fantasy, that they kept their swords in an old chest. I never even noticed that this was the same style as the one from Superman too.

When you spotted this did you instantly think of Star Wars/Superman or did it come to you later? In any case...Good Eye!! :thumbsup

But $2,300??? That's nuts!!! :eek We've got many of antique shops over here in West Texas and I don't see much over $1,000.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back