Obi-Wan Adam Savage Vader Suit video

The helmet honestly looks better here than in the show. The cape chain is still too short which I think brings the cape too far forward and around but it looks better here.

I felt the shows helmet dome looked way too small, but here it looks much better, so I guess it's how it was shot because what Adam is shown here looks better than what was in the show even though it's the same thing?????

As far as an actor being in the vader suit goes, and moving in the "iconic" way we all remember, i see it a lot like Jason Voorhees. To be able to create a persona without speaking, just with body language is an art(remember Vader is voiced over) and while you can't see inflection on their faces to back up their rage, anger or even calm and still be convinced by them is truly amazing. The reason i compare it to Jason Voorhees is because when you have multiple actors playing the roles you can see differences for sure, no matter how "perfect" the costume is. To me i really liked CJ Graham's take and Kane hodder's. They were two different characters to me. Even though Hodder is more the quintessential guy and did more with the character, i was really impressed with Graham's performance. To me, Prowse Vader is the Guy. No matter who is in the suit you can immediately notice the difference.

This is the way that we as kids "thought" Vader looked back in 1977. This was our head canon.

I've gotten close with my ESB/ROTJ hybrid. Not there yet... still needs adjustments and upgrades

IMG_6607.JPG

Last edited:
The helmet honestly looks better here than in the show. The cape chain is still too short which I think brings the cape too far forward and around but it looks better here.

I felt the shows helmet dome looked way too small, but here it looks much better, so I guess it's how it was shot because what Adam is shown here looks better than what was in the show even though it's the same thing?????
When you say something is too "short" or too whatever. What does that mean? It's like you are saying Vader can only have ONE exact look down to almost microscopic detail that is unchanging, when the fact is his look changed from film to film, even in the original trilogy.

But I never heard anyone complaining about Bob Anderson, and I think hardly anyone realized that in ROTJ it wasn't Prowse or Anderson in the costume walking down the shttle ramp from the Shuttle on Endor when he heads to Luke's surrender.

When you say something is too "short" or too whatever. What does that mean? It's like you are saying Vader can only have ONE exact look down to almost microscopic detail that is unchanging, when the fact is his look changed from film to film, even in the original trilogy.
In the Obi Wan series to me many shots, especially close up, the dome looks undersized. Just overall too small. Other shots, wider out look better, although I feel the suit shown in this video looks just awesome. One nit pick is at this time it should have the Widows Peak.

But I never heard anyone complaining about Bob Anderson, and I think hardly anyone realized that in ROTJ it wasn't Prowse or Anderson in the costume walking down the shttle ramp from the Shuttle on Endor when he heads to Luke's surrender.

Anderson did a fantastic job in the fights, but he had no other scenes. Prowse just had a way about him. The Obi actors were undersize as you can see in the behind the scenes stuff. I think the Rogue One crew did a great job in their scenes, but Prowse will always be Vader to me. James Earl Jones was always quick to point out that David Prowse was Darth Vader and he himself said he was just a Special Effect.

I am such a Vader freak I love seeing him anytime.

This is the way that we as kids "thought" Vader looked back in 1977. This was our head canon.

I've gotten close with my ESB/ROTJ hybrid. Not there yet... still needs adjustments and upgrades

View attachment 1651536

Looks like an amazing suit. Would love to see more pics. Looks like he has been on a diet. Maybe he is sad he has not gotten to kill anyone in a while. Sith murder withdrawal. :lol: :love: :unsure: :eek: :D (y) :p :)

Yep, that was Craig Barrow walking down the ramp... and when Vader's head morphs through the shuttle overhang as he walks down the ramp! Ah, bad compositing with the matte painting. 1980s, good times.

P.S. That's not Prowse or Anderson in the "I see you've constructed a new lightsaber" scene, the specific 2 second shot when Vader is examining Luke's saber up close. That was a pickup shot done sometime later Fall 1982 with stage technician Harold Cole standing in for Vader. And you can see that Vader's belt boxes are on "backwards," starting here...

Last edited:
It’s painful to see just how much passion and care these guys have put into recreating iconic sets/costumes/props for Disney’s garbage movies and shows. If only the writers and producers cared even half as much about honoring the legacy of the source material as the prop teams do.

A super-cool recreation of the Vader suit…for a terrible show which completely shatters canon by having him fight Kenobi in-between films.

Sigh. It was the best of times, it was the worst of times.

It’s painful to see just how much passion and care these guys have put into recreating iconic sets/costumes/props for Disney’s garbage movies and shows. If only the writers and producers cared even half as much about honoring the legacy of the source material as the prop teams do.

A super-cool recreation of the Vader suit…for a terrible show which completely shatters canon by having him fight Kenobi in-between films.

Sigh. It was the best of times, it was the worst of times.
Well I loved the show, so whatever floats or not floats your boat.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back