Noob questions about latex & pigment in europe

bendrago

Right,

I dont know squat about latex, other than very general knowledge, and since almost every topic here talks about monster maker latex I have a few questions.
As I live in Finland getting monster maker products here would be rather expensive, very expensive to be precise, and I am slowly starting to gather stuff
for my first predator suit build which leads me to ask for help.

I intend to make a costume using latex facade (for the muscles) on a undersuit that I would latex the "Mr. Incredible way" I have read about here,
and I was looking for latex suppliers in europe and came across this seller in uk ebay : Ebay store
who sells this latex and these pigments

Question is does this latex work as well / in the same way as the monster makers latex and can I paint the whole thing using those pigments + latex + thin it down.

Also would very much like to know if there are similar products like pros-aide and permawet available in europe.

Hi I'm new to suit making as well, this is the same latex and pigments I bought, I am planning on using it for the Mr. I method so hopefully it's the right latex. So far I've used the latex and pigments to modify some gloves and they seem to work well, but I don't know if they would be suitable to paint a whole suit. I've also bought liquitex gloss medium and varnish which I found other members had used instead of permawet, this gave a nice sheen and flexible finish to the gloves, hope this helps.

I have been using the same letex on my suit and even in thin layers its quite strong and doesnt split when stretched and the more layers you add the stronger it gets but becomes slightly more rigid but still quite flexible.

i have been using ordinary acrylic paints thinned down a little for colour. its working well but havent tried out anything to make it glossy yet so will be watching this to see if any advice comes up. Will try to find the latex gloss/varnish and see what the final look is like on some tests.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back