Noob looking for advice

Elkman

Sr Member
I'm seriously considering seeing Predators in costume tomorrow evening. I'll probably scare all the tweens lining up to see The Twilight Saga: Eclipse, but I don't care.

I'm just thinking it's a little weird to go see a movie in costume, though. (Excluding the Rocky Horror Picture Show, of course.) Do I have to worry about a security guard throwing me out because I'm going to wear a mask that obscures my face, or a theater manager who doesn't want disruption?

Of course, it could be an entirely positive thing, where people would expect me to pose for photos and stuff like that. (Excluding the Twilight fans, who are more interested in dreamy pale-faced vampires and hunky werewolves than in a badass Predator.)

Just give me some suggestions to talk me into this.

I'm seriously considering seeing Predators in costume tomorrow evening. I'll probably scare all the tweens lining up to see The Twilight Saga: Eclipse, but I don't care.

I'm just thinking it's a little weird to go see a movie in costume, though. (Excluding the Rocky Horror Picture Show, of course.) Do I have to worry about a security guard throwing me out because I'm going to wear a mask that obscures my face, or a theater manager who doesn't want disruption?

Of course, it could be an entirely positive thing, where people would expect me to pose for photos and stuff like that. (Excluding the Twilight fans, who are more interested in dreamy pale-faced vampires and hunky werewolves than in a badass Predator.)

just ask them nicly am sure they like to have you lingering arount its a plus to get poeple to watch the predator film or jsut goe in anyways and watch it

If you do decide to go, it would be advisable to bring someone else with you. if you are going in with bio and all you view will be limited and having someone there to point stuff out and watch ur back would be nice. hopefully kids wont pull on your dreads. if the place your goin to doesnt care about you wearing that then id say why not, but some places wont allow it. generally most do. iv walked through grocery stores, book stores, fast food places Best buy, the mall. never had a problem with any company owners not likeing the fact your there. to me id say it would bring more people to your business, i know if i saw a predator at a place in the mall id go there.

If you want to go in costume, call ahead and talk to the manager first. I tried going as Jason Voorhees when the Friday the 13th came out, but they stopped me at the entrance and wouldn't let me in unless I removed the mask. Mind you I looked just like Jason with the bloody face and hockey mask and probably scared a few people LOL !

But yea, just get the managers approval first to avoid being disappointed

If you want to go in costume, call ahead and talk to the manager first. I tried going as Jason Voorhees when the Friday the 13th came out, but they stopped me at the entrance and wouldn't let me in unless I removed the mask. Mind you I looked just like Jason with the bloody face and hockey mask and probably scared a few people LOL !

But yea, just get the managers approval first to avoid being disappointed
Just imagine how much worse it could have been if you had taken the Machete
On topic again, I suggest calling the manager as well, otherwise you're spending extra time to go back, change & then go see the movie. The partner idea also sounds good.

taking bits and pieces of the advice already given

call the management and ask if you can do so...most of them are cool and tell them your willing to walk around and get people in the theater it's a plus for them.

try to bring a helper someone to either keep you hydrated or to assist you suiting up in the theater or in the parking lot ...as well keeping the idiots that might wanna take a poke at you at bay

and as for scaring the people waiting for the twit_light film i say do it ...and do it hard ....

fake ass vampire film movie goers deserve to be scared by a real creature...

have fun and be carefull if you do

oh and just a little tip...if you wear the suit ...you can usually get to see the movie for free

it all depends...does your plasma caster work?
Actually, I don't have one. I was looking to buy a plasma caster from a seller here, but he couldn't complete the sale. I didn't lose any money, but that also meant I didn't have one on stage last weekend.

That's a good point, though -- I'm not going to bring the wristblades into the theater. It might make a manager or a security guard nervous, and I wouldn't want to break the blades either. Plus, I might scare off some kid waiting to see Toy Story 3.

a good scare never hurt anyone! LOL!

I checked out this thread and called my local theatre to ask if it was ok, and they seemed really pumped about it. Let us know how you make out Elkman.

LOL - I meant to blast any one that tries to mess with your suit haha. I was j/k

...but yeah, these guys give good advice, best to call in advance, it would suck if you show up to a movie and they say you can't enter because of the suit.

Actually, I don't have one. I was looking to buy a plasma caster from a seller here, but he couldn't complete the sale. I didn't lose any money, but that also meant I didn't have one on stage last weekend.

That's a good point, though -- I'm not going to bring the wristblades into the theater. It might make a manager or a security guard nervous, and I wouldn't want to break the blades either. Plus, I might scare off some kid waiting to see Toy Story 3.

I just called the theater and they said it shouldn't be a problem, as long as I don't get in the way of anyone trying to watch the film. The person on the phone said that people have dressed up before, for the Harry Potter and Star Wars series of films, so it's not new to them. She did tell me that they had to ask one of the Star Wars characters to leave the lightsaber behind, though.

I don't think I'm going to keep the latex suit on all the way for the duration of the movie. I'm definitely taking the mask off, so I don't get dreadlocks in someone's way.

Oh, and here's a scary thought: Has anyone ever gone to a theater dressed up in character for Brüno? Now there's a scary thought.

Well, I went in costume and had a lot of fun with it. I was hoping to meet up with a friend from CONvergence who really liked my suit, but I think she couldn't make it. I was the only one in costume, as I expected, but a lot of people wanted to get pictures with me in my costume. Surprisingly, only a few little kids were actually scared by it. I didn't have to deal with any rowdy punk teens pulling my dreadlocks off or telling me that dressing up in costume is stupid. I think the sheer awesomeness of my costume must have prevented that. Some people asked if I bought the costume, so I told them that I made most of the parts myself and built it over the last seven months.

As I was walking in, the mall security guy in the parking lot was wondering what the hell was going on, and he told me I can't go into the mall itself with the mask on. Apparently, some people cover up their faces when they're shoplifting at stores or committing other mall-type crimes, and a mask would facilitate that. Given that I'm the only one in the south suburbs with a Predator costume, though, and given that my picture is on Facebook over 9000 times, I think any Predator holding up a store would have been easily identified. Since the theater is mostly separate from the mall, though, this wasn't a problem for me.

I ended up thoroughly sweaty, of course, but I had fun. One of the managers gave me two free passes, and another manager ran back to her office to get her camera to take photos.

Besides, I know I'll never get to dress in costume for Step Up 3-D or Going the Distance. Oh, wait, I don't go to dance movies or weepy romantic comedies.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back