New secret Babylon 5 project with original cast

I’m actually very pleased with this approach.
Same here. And with so many of the original cast gone, it's about the only way to do a B5 movie with the majority of the original characters. If it was only 1 or 2 cast members that have passed it wouldn't be too hard to write them out or recast them, but with somewhere around 1/4 -1/2 half of the original cast gone, it would be too much to recast or write out.

I like some of the voice actors involved, so we'll see how it goes. I think it would be hard to do without having all the cast in one form or another. I'm curious when this is set because they mentioned Sheridan and Delenn's son being cast. They also mention Sinclair, so I don't know if some time travel/time jumps will be involved or what. They do have the whole period of David Sheridan being taken over by the Keeper Londo is forced to give them to deal with if they want. Lots of options. BTW, I think Phil LaMarr could probably do a darn close Dr. Franklin voice.

Sadly, the animation looks terrible and a time travel story? Come on...
I was super excited when I heard about the project. I was slightly worried when they released the first stills of the characters. And I'm hugely disappointed now that the trailer has dropped. I agree that the animation is awful, especially the mouth movements. We got better in the worst examples of 80's Saturday morning toy commercials... I mean cartoons. And agreed, the time travel jumping through alternate realities trope is very tired. I really WANT this to be good, but I have very little hope of it being so at this point.

I was super excited when I heard about the project. I was slightly worried when they released the first stills of the characters. And I'm hugely disappointed now that the trailer has dropped. I agree that the animation is awful, especially the mouth movements. We got better in the worst examples of 80's Saturday morning toy commercials... I mean cartoons. And agreed, the time travel jumping through alternate realities trope is very tired. I really WANT this to be good, but I have very little hope of it being so at this point.
It looks like something that would have been a Saturday morning cartoon back in the 90s, not something they're releasing on a 4K disc. I'm still going to see it, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

The real problem with this is that when it loses money because they made a cartoon for people in their 40s and 50s, they will just think it's because Babylon 5 isn't a profitable idea and abandon it for a few more decades. The truth is, if done right it would do very well now. It was ahead of it's time, but both effects and the streaming model have caught up.

When you find out that the film will be available on Blu-Ray....

Waynes World Reaction GIF

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back