New Girl

Guri

Sr Member
Did anyone else catch the premiere of this show? Catchy characters from the get go and lots of funny lines.

I've always loved Zooey and I'm so glad to see her on a series.

Trailer:

NEW GIRL - First Look Trailer - YouTube

It sort of reminds me of a Big Bang Theory only in reverse. (girl is the nerd)

I don't usually do sitcoms but Zooey charmed the socks off of me in the promos alone.
I watched the pilot a couple of weeks ago On Demand, and liked it enough to watch it again last night.

"Dinner, with food!"

Normally not my kind of show, but the reviews were so good I decided to check it out. It was awesome! Writing was clever and the characters were funny! Love the DB jar! :lol

I've heard some mixed things about it so far. I gather if you like the overall public persona of Zooey Deschanel, you'll like the show. If you find her annoying or off-putting and the whole "Manic Pixie Dream Girl" schtick to be a bit tiresome, you won't like it.

At least, that's what I've gathered from what I've read. >shrug<

The commercials have totally turned me off of wanting to see this, but if Lonnie likes it, I HAVE to give it a shot!

I think Zooey Deschanel is one of the worst actresses around and all movies she has been in have been mediocre at best. I watched the show because I am a big fan of the Wayan brothers and Damon has always been my favorite so I was hoping his son would do a good job as Coach which he did. The family is talented.

Over all I thought the show was kind of of boring and turned it over to Ringer.

Damon is only in the pilot. He was committed to another show.

Somehow, Zooey has escaped my notice until now. Never seen her before. But from what I gather, it's pretty much the same character she always does. So if you don't like her other work...

Damon is only in the pilot. He was committed to another show.

Somehow, Zooey has escaped my notice until now. Never seen her before. But from what I gather, it's pretty much the same character she always does. So if you don't like her other work...

Right, that's basically what I've heard. Love her same character in everything she does? You'll love this. Hate it with a fiery passion? You'll hate this.

Me, I'm completely indifferent. I'd rather watch her sister on Bones. :)

Writing was clever and the characters were funny! Love the DB jar! :lol

I was impressed that all three guys had distinct personalities right off the bat that played differently off of hers. Usually it takes a while for that to sink in.

The DB jar cracked me up... and was so perfect as a way to excuse/permit the typical idiot jokes that stink up shows like this. In fact, you know... we could use a DB jar around here! :lol

As for Zooey's personality, I actually find her smart, soft, charming character that isn't perfect to have more depth and to be a nice change from the typical "smart, snippy, beauty you don't cross" that we get in most sit-coms.

Last edited:
The DB jar cracked me up... and was so perfect as a way to excuse/permit the typical idiot jokes that stink up shows like this. In fact, you know... we could use a DB jar around here! :lol

That's what she said!!

WHAT?! What'd I do?

This image didn't take google long to index:

tumblr_lr7u86JodU1qaqu04o1_500.png

Good sign the show might catch on!

Wasn't great, Zooey was the best thing, but again not great.

And it's on Fox so it will be cancelled before they can find their feet.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back