New from Hasbro in '07...

gunnerk19

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
This was originally posted over at the BBC, but I figured it deserved exposure here...

Available in Spring 2007, the DH-17 Rebel fleet trooper blaster and DC-15 Clonetrooper blaster...

Piccy's...
hasbrorft1.jpg

hasbro1.jpg

hasbro2.jpg

hasbro3.jpg

WOOT.

Not entirely accurate (Orange barrel ribbing? :lol ), but, check out the MSRP in the last pic. And, a minor bit of work to possibly lose the pull handle in the rear and fix it to a seperate buttplate...

But, come on; I'm sold on how cool the singlepoint scope alone looks.

And apparently these are NERF, so fair warning to your household cat/dog is in order... :lol

Foresee I do, purchasing 2 or 3 for that price... Cosmetic surgery on them perform I will...

More to be seen at www.rebelscum.com.

Is that an electronic Anakin saber with a FULLY RETRACTIBLE BLADE :eek :eek :eek :eek :eek .... What's the deal on that thing? I've been waiting for fully retractible blades on the electronic sabers since I first saw my buddy's Luke's ROTJ saber in the early 90's.

Yup, that's their new thing. The new sabers have blades that go all the way into the hilt and are springloaded. As neat as it is I bet it will go the way of the sabers from EP1 that had decent sized blades and the hilts weren't like 2" in diameter. :(

I wish the guns were electronic. It means more modding to make it blind people with muzzle flash. :lol

<div class='quotetop'>(WarEagle @ Jul 24 2006, 09:01 PM) [snapback]1287047[/snapback]</div>
The only thing that sux about these new blasters is that they won't be available until 1 January 2007.
[/b]

I can see modding one of these babies, for sure :) On the Rebel blaster, it's nice that the receiver (is that the right word?) is silver detailed to begin with...how much surgery do these need for accuracy?

<div class='quotetop'>(JunkSabers1138 @ Jul 24 2006, 10:44 PM) [snapback]1287077[/snapback]</div>
What amazes me is that older folks here get so exited over little kids' toys :lol . But... we're all kids at heart aren't we :) .
[/b]

MOOOOOOOOOOOOOM.

He's pickin' on me...

:lol :lol

<div class='quotetop'>(WookieGunner @ Jul 24 2006, 08:12 PM) [snapback]1287016[/snapback]</div>
Anyone else notice that they list them as a Spring item but on the shelf January 1?
[/b]

and did you notice on the last pic, the little plaque says Clone.. avail Feb 07? Spring/winter/onshelves by Jan, but not available until Feb..

I'm so confused, yets looking forward to the new blasters.. especially the 17. somthing about the scope, even on a toy makes ya go.. cool. wish they had that back when I was a kid.

It almost looks like they dropped the MR DH-17 in a vat of silicone and cast it in plastic. Sweet... Definitely be picking up one of these.

Cheers.

Mike

<div class='quotetop'>(BlindSquirrel @ Jul 24 2006, 10:04 PM) [snapback]1287145[/snapback]</div>
FINALLY a Clone Blaster.....Did they really think they were fooling anyone with a re-packaged E-11?
[/b]

Well....kids probably.

That DH17 is pretty damn sweet (never really got in to the weapons of the prequel) and should be a really easy convert. Some krylon Aluminium paint, a piece of styrene to cover the hole from the pull lever and some weathering and you've got yourself a decent replica for $20.

I'll have to keep an eye out for it.

-Fred

Great to see. I agree with Bob, folks 'round these parts are going to be getting this thing just for the Singlepoint.

Now if Hasbro would finally retire that 28-year old Kenner mold for the E-11 and make one of this caliber.

<div class='quotetop'>(Treadwell @ Jul 25 2006, 04:38 PM) [snapback]1287669[/snapback]</div>
Great to see. I agree with Bob, folks 'round these parts are going to be getting this thing just for the Singlepoint.

Now if Hasbro would finally retire that 28-year old Kenner mold for the E-11 and make one of this caliber.
[/b]

umm... here here.

at least bring back the frickin stock.

and i agree about the single point... man that actually looks pretty close, the whole blaster for that matter...

the clone one... is a little skinny and leaves ALOT to be desired.

While I am by no means an expert (or one that looks for minor differences) I was really suprised how nice these both looked in person. Sometimes toy versions look to big (at least slightly oversized) but these looked to me to be really well done. Just a little paint to take away the "please don't shoot me" orange and they will be some nice props. Great for those of us that are a little... fanacialy challanged.

I don't think I have been so excited by a toy in a long time. :thumbsup
According to someone on the Rebel Legion's board who has held it, the DH-17 has the accurate tube diameter even.
I'm getting this toy. There is no doubt about it.

If you get the DH-17 only for the Singlepoint, sell the rest to someone building a PVC E-11. ;)
That Sterling grip looks good enough for, say .. an AR-5 also. Look it has correct hashing, the little rectangle on the right side, the curve and diagonal cut on the top/back side and everything.

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back