Netflix Movie Night

Andy

One feature I’ve never had the opportunity to utilize on Netflix is Party Watch; for those not familiar it basically allows a party of up to eight over XBL to watch the same movie together from a now very extensive catalog. So the idea is very simple from there; we have a few RPFers get together, pick a title off the list, set a date and have a good time and a few laughs over some films and you don’t even have to leave the comfort of you’re couch for a guys night out. :)

Most of us here have at one time or another played together over live and there is a fair amount of tomfoolery and stories to tell and that’s something I want to see happen more often and this is a entertaining way to make that possible.

That is great! I would love to do it. The only issues I can see is time zones, but if there is interest, we could setup movies for different time zones.

or......maybe a bunch of us socal rpfers can drive to Andy's house and have a movie night in person :)

sounds like fun....not sure if i have netflix set up on my xbox yet

I've wondered what the point of the "Party Watch" was but I'd be in. All I use my 360 for now is Netflix anyway!

or......maybe a bunch of us socal rpfers can drive to Andy's house and have a movie night in person :)

sounds like fun....not sure if i have netflix set up on my xbox yet

Well now, Andy is a great host... if he is offering popcorn and drinks... it is only 6 hours for me...

Thanks for the vote of confidence Art but the antechamber I affectingly call my apartment has a combine entertaining occupancy of around 4 and I wouldn’t even call that close to cozy. :lol

Drinks and consumables though are available in the form of handmade agua fresca and smoked salmon and cream cheese tortas. Or for those unable to attend it will be posted and mailed, expect delivery in three to four weeks of said sandwich. Kidding aside the interest so far in this has been great but if we can get a few more people on board we can get the ball rolling on a date and start working out the time zones.

Thanks for the vote of confidence Art but the antechamber I affectingly call my apartment has a combine entertaining occupancy of around 4 and I wouldn’t even call that close to cozy. :lol

Drinks and consumables though are available in the form of handmade agua fresca and smoked salmon and cream cheese tortas. Or for those unable to attend it will be posted and mailed, expect delivery in three to four weeks of said sandwich. Kidding aside the interest so far in this has been great but if we can get a few more people on board we can get the ball rolling on a date and start working out the time zones.

We'll be there at 6pm! I promise not to bring more than 20 of my closest friends. :lol:lol

No, seriously, I think it would be great to pick a night and pick a movie, watch it, and then post up a thread to discuss it the next day!

I'd be down with it. I'm faustomatic on XBLive. Pacific time for me...I'm in WA. Hey, someone said they didn't have it set up on their 360 yet...it's stupid simple. You download the Netflix program through your 360 and then it'll walk you through it. Basically, you'll have to log in on your computer when it tells you to and get a code to enter on the 360, iirc. You don't have to enter your name & password every time you log in to netflix via the 360. At this point we've dropped our cable TV for Netflix.

I have to tell ya... Working from a home office and a lot of time doing mindless work... I watch a lot of Netflix in the background and I pretty much feel like I have "finished" netflix as well. There are a ton of movies I will start, but they are so unbelievably bad, even though I am watching them in the background, I can't finish them...

My problem is that I'll get sucked into a series and then blow through it in a week or two. Especially if it's short seasons like Weeds or Doctor Who. Then I start trolling through my B list of "Meh...maybe I'll get to it someday" stuff until something good comes up again.

I'm game. I've watched a few Party movies with friends and it can be fun when you realize the other people can hear you. Turns into MST3K real quick. :lol
Whats the limit on how many can join.
My Gamertag is JunkyThunder for whoever is hosting. I'll bring the steaks.

I think the max in a room is eight people. I wonder what the maximum is for a private chat...probably the same, but if it's more there might be a way to link multiple viewing parties.

I have to tell ya... Working from a home office and a lot of time doing mindless work... I watch a lot of Netflix in the background and I pretty much feel like I have "finished" netflix as well. There are a ton of movies I will start, but they are so unbelievably bad, even though I am watching them in the background, I can't finish them...
Yeah I'm the same way, just leave it running in the background while I work sometimes though, they're just too bad even for "background noise" On the other hand if there's a good movie or show that'll make me laugh just by listening to it (e.g. The IT Crowd thanks to Risu) I'll make it a point to actually watch it. I haven't quite yet gotten to the point of "finishing" Netflix and I really hope I don't.

On the other hand if there's a good movie or show that'll make me laugh just by listening to it (e.g. The IT Crowd thanks to Risu) I'll make it a point to actually watch it.

"I'm Disabled..."
How are you disabled?
"Leg disabled"
How long have you been this way?
"10 years?"
How did it happen?
"acid"

:lol:lol:lol:lol
Everyone promise me if you haven't seen The IT Crowd, you'll take 30 seconds and add it to your Instant Queue on Netflix. Then the next time you have a bad day, watch an episode and I dare you not to be in a good mood.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back