Netflix - Dark props

Hey Julian, I'm sorry I'm a few days late, but your work looks awesome. Can you PM your email? I have a whole folder of references I can send. I have 4K shots of every time the blueprint is shown, and I have a master where I put up all the numbers I was able to pull. I'll put that up now along with a few of the official glimpses we have of the plan.
Looks like I'm about done with the first panel. This one had a lot of complicated curves. The panel directly above this should be significantly more straight-forward. Will have to figure out the best way to produce the hand-written 'Fig.2' etc.

-julian

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-03-06 at 11.12.13 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-03-06 at 11.12.13 PM.png
    6.1 MB · Views: 215
Looks like I'm about done with the first panel. This one had a lot of complicated curves. The panel directly above this should be significantly more straight-forward. Will have to figure out the best way to produce the hand-written 'Fig.2' etc.

-julian
Some more info:
  • I've done my best to follow the detail and proportion in the black and white plan images from the book snapshots that provided.
  • In some places where there was missing material I referred to the 4K Netflix screen grabs of the more modern looking blueprint, and this has resulted in some stylistic differences.
  • I've not attempted to verify or match dimensions as all reference provided is skewed bitmaps.
  • Lots of elements are placed to the best of my abilities while gauging spacing to other elements. There will be inaccuracies. If you manage to build a functional machine off this diagram, please do not contact me if it sends you to 1497 instead of your chosen year.
Here's another glimpse at what this could look like on blue etc...

-julian

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-03-07 at 3.11.55 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-03-07 at 3.11.55 PM.png
    9.8 MB · Views: 222
Some more info:
  • I've done my best to follow the detail and proportion in the black and white plan images from the book snapshots that provided.
  • In some places where there was missing material I referred to the 4K Netflix screen grabs of the more modern looking blueprint, and this has resulted in some stylistic differences.
  • I've not attempted to verify or match dimensions as all reference provided is skewed bitmaps.
  • Lots of elements are placed to the best of my abilities while gauging spacing to other elements. There will be inaccuracies. If you manage to build a functional machine off this diagram, please do not contact me if it sends you to 1497 instead of your chosen year.

-julian
[emoji7][emoji7][emoji7]

Some more info:

-julian
Honestly, just incredible work being done here. The fact that you want to tackle the other panels is even cooler. I would love to have one of these hanging on the wall!

Some more info:

-julian
Awesome work!
Which program do you use? Any chance you be willing to share the source file?

Awesome work!
Which program do you use? Any chance you be willing to share the source file?
Hey thanks. I used Affinity Designer. I'm new to that so it's been a voyage of discovery.
I'm thinking about giving the files to the community but I'm unsure of the intellectual property ramifications. I feel like this blueprint is a derivative work, but it doesn't contain enough original material to be substantially different to the original to my mind. Is there a general consensus around this sort of thing here?

Hey thanks. I used Affinity Designer. I'm new to that so it's been a voyage of discovery.
I'm thinking about giving the files to the community but I'm unsure of the intellectual property ramifications. I feel like this blueprint is a derivative work, but it doesn't contain enough original material to be substantially different to the original to my mind. Is there a general consensus around this sort of thing here?

Hey, I think if it were shared with the community here it would have no legal implications. There are lots of "paper prop" recreations here and as long as they aren't being sold I don't think there would be any issue. It's an amazing thing you did, if you do decide to share it, let us know, I would love to print one to hang on my wall someday!

Amazing stuff JulianB! I'll have to print a large version of that out.

Found this on thingiverse recently:

Ok here's a version for everyone. I've left it on the blueprint gradient background and scaled it to A3. This may make some of the line weights look different when you print it. This is fan art and is intended for personal use. Enjoy!

julian

P.S. I've started on the panel directly above this one but I've just moved house so ahhh I'll get back on that soon.

Ok here's a version for everyone. I've left it on the blueprint gradient background and scaled it to A3. This may make some of the line weights look different when you print it. This is fan art and is intended for personal use. Enjoy!

julian

P.S. I've started on the panel directly above this one but I've just moved house so ahhh I'll get back on that soon.
Hey Julian, thanks so much!! This is incredibly awesome work, and it's very generous of you to share with the Dark fanatics here. I have a few questions though: first, what program should I use to view this file? When I view it in chrome it looks like the interiors of both dials/ammeters are rendering kind of chunky and not with the fine detail of the jpeg render you posted earlier. Maybe it's just an issue on my end.

The other thing is there seems to be a font shift on the lower right text that says "Metal M8x12" and "Leitungsschild", where the font switches to an outline style instead of solid. Is this intentional?

Also, can't wait to see what you can do with the other panel!!

Ok, there were a few busted bits in there eh, good spotting. I've fixed those now. I've linked it here as a .svg which is a vector graphics format meaning you can scale it to any size you like and it'll stay sharp. And there's now a 4000 pixel wide jpeg file too in case you don't have access to any software to convert SVG to JPG:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jffru1qlgtfdgxn/TimeMachineTopElevation.jpg?dl=1 <— jpg
https://www.dropbox.com/s/uo846fwf6ewvijh/TimeMachineTopElevation.svg?dl=1 <— svg

This is really just a quick glimpse of a blueprint-like treatment of the lines. I probably won't do any more to this until the rest of the layout is present.

-julian

Not many Dark threads out there so I figured I would jump in this one. Dressed up my daughter as Jonas for one of her Halloween costumes today. It was a last minute put together but I was really happy with how it came out.

Attachments

• 20211031_100544.jpg
    20211031_100544.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 102
  • 20211031_100633.jpg
    20211031_100633.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 98
  • 20211031_100813.jpg
    20211031_100813.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 97
Not many Dark threads out there so I figured I would jump in this one. Dressed up my daughter as Jonas for one of her Halloween costumes today. It was a last minute put together but I was really happy with how it came out.
This is so great! If you're on reddit you should post it on the r/dark sub.

hello i'm currently modeling and texturing the bunker Tannhaus uses to build his time machine in the origin world and I am struggling to find proper documentation on the equipment and props scattered through the scene. I've followed this thread for some time and I hope some of you can help me on my quest :)
My first problem is this little guy here, I managed to decipher the text and it says "REAL TIME ANALYSER" but despite my efforts I was unable to find this exact model.
My second problem is this sort of tray thingy, I wouldnt even know where to begin with this one haha

Hope I'm not doing a necro or anything I'm quite inexperienced with forums

in an extraordinary stroke of luck I managed to find the first image's origin!
It's a norwegian eletronics/Norsonic Type 830, here are some listings and pictures, some of you might be interested :)

I've started making a version of the portable time machine. Using these files as a base, Free CAD Designs, Files & 3D Models | The GrabCAD Community Library.
There are some inaccuracies with this model so I am making changes and editing some parts as I go along.

I have ordered some round and square gauges, switches and hinges. The box will be pine with MDF and aluminium inserts. Some parts are FDM printed and more detailed ones are resin. So far I've used cheap gold spray paint over filler for a base coat, then I'll airbrush brass over that.

Attachments

• 20220922_102511.jpg
    20220922_102511.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 55
  • 20220922_232717.jpg
    20220922_232717.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 51
  • 20220922_102504.jpg
    20220922_102504.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 48
  • 20220923_192125.jpg
    20220923_192125.jpg
    695.7 KB · Views: 55
  • 20220923_173731.jpg
    20220923_173731.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 51
  • 20220923_192136.jpg
    20220923_192136.jpg
    860.3 KB · Views: 48
  • 20220922_102531.jpg
    20220922_102531.jpg
    595.7 KB · Views: 52

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back