Needing Help Identifying a Helmet Part

Blue Leader

Sr Member
Hello, I have been trying to figure out what a greeblie on a B-wing pilot helmet is but I'm not having any luck, I can't even entirely figure out what the overall shape of the thing is. Though it's a long shot I was hoping that someone here might be able to identify it or have some sort of idea.

The greeblie that I'm trying to identify is in the image below (a cropped and enlarged image is beneath it). It's the rectangular black and white greeblie with a white cord going into the front of it that's sitting in front of the gold and blue-striped disc greeblie (which I also haven't been able to identify yet, I've been trying to figure that one out for years). Does anyone have any idea what the rectangular part might be? Thanks!

Bwing-Helmet02.jpg

Bwing-Helmet-Greeblie01.jpg

Oh gosh, the disc is tough. That black one sort-of looks like an auxillery contact block

is the black box with 2 screws in the front a microswitch?

Oh my god - thank you!

On the part you were asking about, the trapezoidal area where the wire goes in is tough, still thinking on this one

Oh gosh, the disc is tough. That black one sort-of looks like an auxillery contact block

is the black box with 2 screws in the front a microswitch?
Hmm, that's an idea. I googled what you mentioned and they do have a sort of similar look, they are definitely similar. It looks like it's fairly narrow, and it's got that top edge above the opening that's rounded in... Of course it's also hard to see if it's one item or two or three things put together. Hmm, hmm...

Last edited:
I could use some opinions here. I've been trying to replicate what I see of the greeblie, and taking a few guesses on things, and also running with the idea of it possibly being an auxiliary contact of some sort. Not being able to exactly tell what the shape of this greeblie is, this is what I've come up with so far. What do you all think? Do you think it's anything close? I can't decide...

Greeblie-Test01.jpg
Greeblie-Test02.jpg

Greeblie-Test03.jpg
Bwing-Helmet-Greeblie01.jpg

Attachments

• Greeblie-Test01.jpg
    Greeblie-Test01.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:
This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back