Need Advice for Fett Inspired Deco...(UPDATE) I did one more thing.

Usagi Pilgrim

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
This would probably be better asked at TDH, but I can't even get a response about joining over there, so here I am.

It's time for a new prosthetic leg, & since this one will be more advanced & probably last a bit longer, I want to go with a more custom look. I've decided on Boba's repainted armor from The Mandalorian.

The socket will be fabricated in the base color of his armor, or as close as I can find, with the edges mildly 'scuffed' up with some Rub N' Buff.

Here's where I need the advice. I'm not going to do any other weathering, since I want the clean look. I see that there's both decals & stencils available for the 3 main things I want- the skull & shield, the feather emblem, & the kill stripes. I was leaning toward the stencils, then several coats of matte clear coat, but I also like the cleaness of the cut decals. There isn't a LOT of contact with the socket where they'll be placed, so wear shouldn't be that much of an issue.

Just wondering how those that build their own armor went & why.
IMG_20210331_100914936~2.jpg

Here's my current socket with my thoughts... The skull will go on the side where the red is, feather emblem on the front, kill stripes down the back.

Any other suggestions? I have a couple days to decide do I can order & get all my stuff before next week.

Last edited:
I did an ESB Fett and used decals for the skull and clan emblem for the cleanness of those details. I used stencils for the kill stripes so I could get the color effect I wanted better than the decals I was seeing at the time. I am considering decals for the next helmet I do though with some of the ones I am seeing now. Hope that helps.
I like the thoughts on placement except wonder if the kill stripes will be too hidden in the back? What about wrapping them around the top or bottom of the socket?

I did an ESB Fett and used decals for the skull and clan emblem for the cleanness of those details. I used stencils for the kill stripes so I could get the color effect I wanted better than the decals I was seeing at the time. I am considering decals for the next helmet I do though with some of the ones I am seeing now. Hope that helps.
I like the thoughts on placement except wonder if the kill stripes will be too hidden in the back? What about wrapping them around the top or bottom of the socket?
My son said the exact same thing about the stripes, & I'm agreeing 100% with both of you.

i was concerned about the contour of the socket & getting them straight, but I believe I can do it.

I've emailed the seller on TDH for a quote on the fastest shipping, so hopefully i can get the ball rolling today. Thanks for the reply.

Well, it took a couple weeks longer than anticipated, but my socket was delivered this morning. I gave them a shirt that closely matched Fett's green when it was wet, but the resin they used, combined with the black carbon fiber base, ended up making it darker than I imagined it would be, but I'm cool with it.

I got my decals from Scott at DeLucks Designs, & couldn't be happier with the final result...

IMG_20210427_125838635.jpg
IMG_20210427_125830037.jpg
IMG_20210427_125847658.jpg

As I'd mentioned before, I was considering using some pewter & silver Rub N'Buff on some of the edges to get a weathered look, but I'm gonna live with it a few days to see if I want to go that way or not.

Thanks to all that chimed in to help with my project. It's greatly appreciated.

Sooooo... I had to make some necessary mods due to new sleeves. They actually come down further on my socket, so the kill stripes were usually covered up 3/4 of the way. TBH, they were my favorite part of what I'd done, so I decided to move them. When I bought the first set, I got both the RotJ & ESB versions to see which I liked better, & now that they're on, I'm digging these a lot.

Thanks again for all those who have encouraged me in this simple project.

My only POSSIBLE update will be if I decide to go the stencil route later on, but that'll depend on how these hold up.

PXL_20220708_200156163.jpg
PXL_20220708_200145965.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back