NECA Part 3 Jason Mask Repaint

Matthew Gresham

I'm considering repainting my NECA part 3 Jason Voorhees mask and I was just looking for good reference pics that show the real color of the mask or as close as I can get since it looks so different from scene to scene. The Jason groups I posted this in got no responses but I'd also really appreciate any suggestions on spray paints to best match the color of the mask as closely as possible. Thanks!!

I haven't painted a part 3 but for my VS masks I used a Krylon Almond color as the base and I did the rest of the coloring using acrylics and hand painting. I would start there and see if that works for you.

I haven't painted a part 3 but for my VS masks I used a Krylon Almond color as the base and I did the rest of the coloring using acrylics and hand painting. I would start there and see if that works for you.
Ya that's kinda what I read about doing masks from later films but there are so many discrepancies of how yellow/not yellow the part 3 mask is I wasn't sure what route to go. Some say that Krylon buttercup is a good color, merengue was also suggested. I'm just unsure of the real color of the mask, don't want it to be too yellow but not too white either

Ya that's kinda what I read about doing masks from later films but there are so many discrepancies of how yellow/not yellow the part 3 mask is I wasn't sure what route to go. Some say that Krylon buttercup is a good color, merengue was also suggested. I'm just unsure of the real color of the mask, don't want it to be too yellow but not too white either
Do some test pieces. Maybe try to find some styrene sheets or other plastic pieces and do some color tests. I think the Almond color works well as a base, but of it's too dark maybe you could lighten it a bit with a wash of white over it. My recommendation is to just test as much as you can before you commit to a repaint.

How can I recreate the cracked paint look around the eyes? Also what's a good spray paint to use to match the crash creations mask color?
2ca380618aff7ef5734f81e4f3ae4938b5614ba2r1-802-1024v2_00.jpg
friday-13th-part-jason-voorhees-barn_1_c94696080b58bcca9226e313a92f1136 (1).jpg
friday-13th-part-jason-voorhees-barn_1_c94696080b58bcca9226e313a92f1136.jpg

For this mask I used a really low grit sandpaper, I think it was like an old 36 grit belt that was worn out. If you hit it lightly enough you can get very faint scratches. These look really dark because of the wash I did over them but they are not deep.
16062001042656459835654579976788.jpg

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back