Narin's Berserker

At that height, and looking at the photo of the torso in the hand, I think this kit is going to be more like 1/5 scale.  I have a 1/5 P2 kit, and this kit is about the same size as that one.   The P2 kit is standing fully erect, while this one has a slight bend to the knees and back, so it will easily by the same size or larger than the P2.  The base and the extra head stand are really cool.  I'm not a huge fan of the Berzerker (or any of the ones from Predators), but at that scale I may be tempted.  I just want Narin to make a P2 and Elder in 1/5 scale, and I'll be a happy camper.

jaguargod said:
At that height, and looking at the photo of the torso in the hand, I think this kit is going to be more like 1/5 scale.  I have a 1/5 P2 kit, and this kit is about the same size as that one.   The P2 kit is standing fully erect, while this one has a slight bend to the knees and back, so it will easily by the same size or larger than the P2.  The base and the extra head stand are really cool.  I'm not a huge fan of the Berzerker (or any of the ones from Predators), but at that scale I may be tempted.  I just want Narin to make a P2 and Elder in 1/5 scale, and I'll be a happy camper.
The berserker is a "super predator" as stated in the movie. It is supposed to be bigger than the other predators.. So I think it is a proper 1/6 scale size. It wouldn't look right being the same height as a p1 or p2 IMO. I think Narin nailed it. I really like the dread length!

dArko2806 said:
The berserker is a "super predator" as stated in the movie. It is supposed to be bigger than the other predators.. So I think it is a proper 1/6 scale size. It wouldn't look right being the same height as a p1 or p2 IMO. I think Narin nailed it. I really like the dread length!
In the movie, he was portrayed as approximately the same size as the P1, as far as I can tell from looking at reference material. They were called Super Predators mainly because they were much more aggressive, stronger and more barbaric than the regular Predators.  Noland did make mention of larger ones hunting smaller ones, but that doesn't change the fact that the onscreen representations were similar in size.  A scaled statue would be based on the known specifications of an original item, not on a reference to anecdotal evidence.  There is nothing other than speculation that would point to the Berzerker being significantly larger than the P1.  I did some rough calculations, and if 16.5 inches is 1/6 scale, that would put the 1/5 represenation at about 3 inches taller than the 1/5 P1, which is close to a 20% difference.  The Berzerker definitely was not 20% larger than the P1.  I might agree with something in the range of 3-5%, but definitely not 20%. 

I think the designation as Super Predators is actually kind of laughable.  None of them lasted particularly long against the humans.  And most of the humans that they faced were not as well trained, armed, or organized as the strike team in the original movie.   Berzerker was a little more formidable, but he was pretty easily dealt with by Royce.  Jungle Hunter gave Berzerker a good fight, and he had probably been beaten, starved and would have been severely weakened by being strung up and left hanging on that metal structure.  Their superior status was certainly not supported by their depiction in the movie.

All of this conjecture doesn't really matter, because my intention was not to say that Narin was wrong, and this was literally 1/5 scale.  My intention was to say that this piece should pair nicely with his Classic P1. 

Not to further derail this thread, but the actor that plays the P1 is 6'5" or so, and the actor that plays Mr. Black is 6'8" or 6'9", IIRC, so while technically similar, he IS taller and bigger. I think they made a mistake making 3 "super" predators. One P1 took out a super badass group of commandos, and 3 SUPER predators couldn't take out a ragtag group of "killers?" I dunno... Just not a smart move on the writer's part.

That being said, this is the best rendition of the berserker, a design I've never been crazy about, that I've seen. If I had the extra scratch, and liked the character more, I'd definitely get it... I'll have to wait and see what kinds of bonuses I get from work in the near future... cuuuz, I've developed a semi-serious case of OCD as far as having to have as many Narin pieces as I can, lol Awesome work, Narin! Excited to see what else you've got in store for us, too!

Information taken directly from actor bios on IMDB.com

Derek Mears played the P1, and he is 6'5" tall. 
Brian Steele played the Berzerker, and he is 6'7" tall.

Those extra two inches account for a difference of 2.5%, which is a little less that what I said I would agree with of 3-5%.  A two inch difference is pretty negligible at those heights. 

I agree that this is without a doubt the best representation of the Berzerker.  But then again, when is Narin's version not the best? 

Any ideas on prices or dates yet Narin?
Would love one of these, have only managed to obtain one of your sculpts so far. They mostly come out at night.. mostly.

jaguargod said:
In the movie, he was portrayed as approximately the same size as the P1, as far as I can tell from looking at reference material. They were called Super Predators mainly because they were much more aggressive, stronger and more barbaric than the regular Predators.  Noland did make mention of larger ones hunting smaller ones, but that doesn't change the fact that the onscreen representations were similar in size.  A scaled statue would be based on the known specifications of an original item, not on a reference to anecdotal evidence.  There is nothing other than speculation that would point to the Berzerker being significantly larger than the P1.  I did some rough calculations, and if 16.5 inches is 1/6 scale, that would put the 1/5 represenation at about 3 inches taller than the 1/5 P1, which is close to a 20% difference.  The Berzerker definitely was not 20% larger than the P1.  I might agree with something in the range of 3-5%, but definitely not 20%. 

I think the designation as Super Predators is actually kind of laughable.  None of them lasted particularly long against the humans.  And most of the humans that they faced were not as well trained, armed, or organized as the strike team in the original movie.   Berzerker was a little more formidable, but he was pretty easily dealt with by Royce.  Jungle Hunter gave Berzerker a good fight, and he had probably been beaten, starved and would have been severely weakened by being strung up and left hanging on that metal structure.  Their superior status was certainly not supported by their depiction in the movie.

All of this conjecture doesn't really matter, because my intention was not to say that Narin was wrong, and this was literally 1/5 scale.  My intention was to say that this piece should pair nicely with his Classic P1. 
csoldier said:
Looks like $329 (not including shipping).http://narinstudio.com/stor.html
Lol I never read into it that much.. I was just under the impression that they were larger.. With Noland calling them "super preds" and the whole big ones and little ones.. I assumed they where bigger. Berserkers big melon also makes him look extra big. Plus a hour and a half movie doesn't give much time for that much depth in detail.. Regardless I think the kit will indeed go well with the 1/5 p1. Mine still needs a paint up..

This is another awe inspiring piece. It's tough to decide which to get next as each one is equally AWESOME!!!! Still need to see if the Classic is available since it was sold out when I checked last.

Hi again all friend  thank you very much for every comments :)

I have first casting of mold master  and some picture of some part.

thank you
 Narin.  :D

s1_zps97e66e9b.jpg

s6_zps94c593ec.jpg

s9_zpscfd62da4.jpg

s2_zps28509f31.jpg

s3_zps369eaf8e.jpg

s4_zps65806c43.jpg

s5_zpsd8c6c3f9.jpg

s7_zps76a0eaea.jpg

s8_zps3b7ba384.jpg

s10_zpsa475bfdb.jpg

looking very good Narin. Great detail.
Too bad i am not a berserker fan, but if someone paints this piece(like joe) I might become a fan

Erwin

Great kit, i just got the p1 classic of narin. He is amazing so i think iwill be ordering this one too.
I like the bio on mr black the jaw bone makes him look hard lol

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back