My Very Easy Method for Spotting Millennium Falcon Differences

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Jaitea

Master Member
Just making a modification to my first post

...about the Quad lasers....I don't think that the Quads were broken off the turret....I think they were modded to allow fibre optics to be added

attachment.jpg

J

Attachments

• Fibre.jpg
    Fibre.jpg
    379.9 KB · Views: 741

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Treadwell

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Do we know, though, that the fiber optics weren't there in ANH? Because I'm pretty sure they'd given up on that technique* after the first film.

(*for guns that is)

Jaitea

Master Member
Do we know, though, that the fiber optics weren't there in ANH? Because I'm pretty sure they'd given up on that technique* after the first film.

(*for guns that is)

I can't be certain,...but the reference pics of the 5 footer at the time of ANH,....the quads are definitely on a fork gimbal, allowing the guns to swing to pretty good angles

attachment.php

Afterwards....possibly when she was being modded for ESB....the fork is missing & a rod/tube connects the Quad in a fixed position

ANH:

Screen Shot 2018-08-21 at 21.54.54.png

Afterwards:

Screen Shot 2018-08-21 at 21.53.22.png

J

Attachments

• 5 Footer beauty.jpg
    5 Footer beauty.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 1,310

nkg

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hm. It looks to me like the fibres in the cannon tips were present for Star Wars/ANH. But the tubes or wires or fibres visible today shoved in the back of the cannon assembly definitely weren't present then.

Screen Shot 2018-08-21 at 22.01.07.png Screen Shot 2018-08-21 at 22.00.44.png

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.