My PPG holster solution

19narvik40

Sr Member
Hello all,

I just wanted to show you my solution to the PPG holster question. I had found several very nice candidates on evilbay, but no one was willing to ship to Canada so I was stuck looking about locally. This is what I found.

The holster is an Uncle Mike's Sidekick Ambidextrous Hip Holster, size 16, item # 7016-0. It is meant to fit 3 1/4 to 3 3/4 inch barrel medium and large autos. I tried a slightly smaller holster but personally felt it didn't look right. In another post Kezler pointed out the holster seemed to hang just below the bottom edge of the tunic so I asked about any extension options. I was shown a Bladetech Tek-Lok universal belt clip and a Bladetech New Molle Lok w/hardware pair, Large. I am including some photos of the parts together and apart.

Holster 01.JPGHolster 02.JPGHolster 03.JPGHolster 04.JPGHolster 07.JPGHolster 08.JPGHolster 09.JPGHolster 12.JPGHolster 13.JPGHolster 15.JPG

I have more pictures if anyone is interested, please feel free to ask.

There are a few drawbacks to this particular holster.

First is the Velcro pad on each side which I didn't see on any of the screen used holsters. Easy enough to cut away the stitching to remove it. I am not going to because I hoped to used it for both Garabaldi's uniform and Walsh's uniform. Garabaldi is left handed and Walsh is right. If I remove the Velcro pad, I'll have to choose to do only one or the other.

Second is the flap that covers the spare magazine pouch on the leading edge of the holster. Again, an easy fix with a seam ripper. I plan to mount a small platform at the bottom of the pouch with a small metal plate on the top. I am going to mount rare earth magnets in a few of my spare energy caps so I can remove them from both the PPG and the magazine pouch easily.

Third is the fact that the holster is a fair bit wider than the PPG, the third photo shows that somewhat. I tried squeezing the holster tighter and drawing and replacing the PPG but it didn't come out smoothly. For anyone that doesn't want the PPG to be easily removed, the holster does come a snap guard to secure it in the holster. It can be put on and taken of with a little effort.

Lastly, the extension attaches to the holster with only one screw. This means the holster will swivel if the screw isn't tight. You might have to tighten it occasionally when wearing it at a Con.

I hope this is of some help to all you other Babylon 5 fans out there. If you have any questions, please feel free to message me. I will help any way I can.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back