My new display stand!

hez1

Well, I got to thinking how I wouldn't mind a desktop display stand for my bios, so I set to work, and this is what I came up with. That's one of Biohunter76's P2 bios on there, mine is being molded just out of shot. It's not sitting quite right because there are no magnets holding it in place yet, but once its done it should be bang on centre. The actual stand part is also a little rough, the next one should be perfectly smooth. :)

What do you think, should I produce a few of these?

IMG_0020.jpg.gif

IMG_0017.jpg.gif

IMG_0016.jpg.gif

Cool! I think on the bottom though, there should be like a little metal plate that says like Predator 2 etc. or just a little thing that says "predator"?

Yeah I'm thinking it needs something. I'm definitely going to weather it a little, so it fits a little more with the bios sitting on top of it. Took a couple of pics with a P1 on top of it.

IMG_0022.jpg.gif

IMG_0023.jpg.gif

Hez,

Lookin' good, so the bio just leans on it?

now you got me going trying to figure out what its made out of..... xD base looks like something cast, but the support has got me stumped.

---
Ei'luj

Those two bios are just sitting on it without any support, yes, but I'll be installing magnets for my bios. It's not the most stable arrangement.

I suppose I could tell you how I made the support, but I think it'll be good for your thinking muscles to puzzle it out a little longer. :)

Thanks guys!

Here's a question, would the plaque look better lying down flat on the base, or stood up somewhat? I know a guy who can do Icons style plaques, and that could definitely work.

here is even another question...could the bases be mounted on a wall like the sideshow wolf bio stand?...hmmmmmm?

either way i like the look of it...simple yet with style.

AM

Sure. It would need some fixings on the back, picture frame fixings would work fine though. Also the support would need to be modified from the table top version but that's easy enough to do.

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back