My MPC Millennium Falcon

rpbrice

Hello everyone, this is my first post. I just got back into model making after 30+ years. My first model was a P3-C Orion (1/72 Scale, I flew in P3's as a 2nd Mech in my early Navy Career). My second model was the Bandai 1/144 Millennium Falcon. But for your consideration here is my last build, the MPC Millennium Falcon. This build includes the Blue Moon Sidewalls, Fan Decks, Docking rings, Rear Engine Diffuser and Grill, and Fuel Towers, 308 Bit's complete cockpit, Fans and Fan Grills, Landing Gear, Forward Landing Gear Boxes and TFA Antennae. The lighting is mine (former Aircraft electrician and A&P mechanic so that was fun). Most of the engine deck is scratch built with polystyrene and kit bashing. Weathering was done using Fitchen Foo's techniques. Sorry for the picture quality, used the iPhone instead of the DSLR.

IMG_1497-L.jpgIMG_1500-L.jpgIMG_1506-L.jpgIMG_1510-L.jpgIMG_1512-L.jpgIMG_1514-L.jpgIMG_1518-L.jpgIMG_1520-L.jpgIMG_1522-L.jpgIMG_1523-L.jpgIMG_1524-L.jpgIMG_1526-L.jpgIMG_1527-L.jpgIMG_1528-L.jpg
I am currently in process building the Cut-Away Falcon, modified with short sidewalls and even more scratch building as well as more custom parts from Tony at 308 Bits. This one will be gear-up, in flight, ANH complete with miniature figures(Chewy, Han, Luke, Obi-Wan, 3PO and ARTOO.

Looks very nice with all the lights on! The only nitpick I have is that the smoked marks from the engines seem to be too dark and obvious. Usually they are more diffuse and more of a ash, or dark gray tonality.

Thanks Scarecrow Joe for the nice comment. I agree with you on the smoke marks, I had the same issue with the Bandai Falcon and tried to tone it down on the this one, it is SOOOOO easy to over do. I may try doing them as pre-shade on the next one with very light oil dry brush to complete. Your thoughts?

Ive been reading about this preshading thing but Ive never tried it myself. Ive always felt that the end result its not so much different than shading after the fact but I guess is open to debate. I did an MPC Falcon a while back with some minimal mods and used diluted India Ink with the airbrush, followed by some dry brushing and pastels and tried to keep it as subtle as possible.

16332845516_fd397cb6b2_z.jpg
IMG_4933 by Oscar Baez Soria, on Flickr

16665981885_42d57e7e48_z.jpg
20150227_174452 by Oscar Baez Soria, on Flickr

Added some lights but not as detailed as you did.

16773016390_4b709dc043_z.jpg
IMG_5197 by Oscar Baez Soria, on Flickr
16934523536_be09593c7a_z.jpg
IMG_5245 by Oscar Baez Soria, on Flickr

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back