My Lil' Predator

Cleverlilminx

A few months ago I got my son, who is 10 years old, to sit down and watch AVP with me because he kept asking about my little Alien toy collection I had. I decided to show him that movie because it was only rated PG-13 and I didn't want to scare the little guy that much! Well he watched the movie, loved it he said and then turned to me and told me how much he liked the Predators!! Then he asked me to make him a Predator costume. I am a seamstress and have made all of his costumes up till now. After snooping around I learned about this site and joined. I was able to get the ball rolling very quickly on Predator costume parts, in kid sizes! I bought a great Predator costume from Silverado. Then I bought a mask & neck ring form Tonkers_D. There are still more parts to buy or make and some upgrades I want to add to the costume.

At this time we're trying to get this ready by March 12th for a monster con in NJ, Monster Mania.

So here are some photos of the costume now, before the upgrades, and I'll be adding more photos very soon.

m_5c6763300065410c96578845cd10dfa7.jpg.png

m_4b85396850ce42f28c991dc18528a627.jpg.png

m_b202f8b78d3f4f3a81806b717beb15d1.jpg.png

That is great! You should make a human sized alien queen, then you could have some great scaled fights!

Seriously though, looks really good. Look forward to the finished article

That is great! You should make a human sized alien queen, then you could have some great scaled fights!

Seriously though, looks really good. Look forward to the finished article

I have debated seriously trying to make an Alien Queen costume for myself for sometime now. :lol:

Need to find a good deal on those stilts that let you jump around and then the planning starts.

I have debated seriously trying to make an Alien Queen costume for myself for sometime now. :)

Need to find a good deal on those stilts that let you jump around and then the planning starts.

I have a set here. You are welcome to come borrow them, then I get to see this fight! :)

Looks great on him! Fits good after your upgrades! Glad he likes it! My grandson really enjoyed it. We thank you MONSTERMAKER! :)

I have debated seriously trying to make an Alien Queen costume for myself for sometime now. :)

man being on the powerizers in costume is a hoot. you get lots of looks. but sewing the fabric around them is a bit daunting. still very doable though. an Alien Queen on em would be lots of fun!!!

WEll the mods are not done just yet, still have a buttload of dreads I need to make! lol

However, my son finally got to test his costume out this past weekend at a con and met Lance Henriksen in his Predator costume! Lance actually grabbed my boy out of the line and told us the Predator didn't have to wait. He was even nice enough to sign my son's copy of AVP DVD for free.

My son, all 4 feet tall, was a big hit at the con!! He couldn't take two steps without getting asked for photos. A very successful first hunt all things considered.

I'll post a photo of the two of them once I remember to get the photos off my camera.

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back