My Kryptonite rock

Proximo

Delete, thanks

Feel free to Delete thread.

I finished up this tonight, First casting of my Kryptonite rock.
Im thinking of painting some black dirt or something on the sides and a few spots to make it look more like a real shower rock.
Also need to find some small leds to make a display base or something, any tips on that are welcome.

Here are a few pics,enjoy.

Last edited:
Hi, i havea nice greeen resin rock myself, and im using air dry clay as the rock bits. I let it dry, sand in the shaping to look good, then "painted" on some super glue to keep it from breaking/chipping.

Cool, This is actually just a test.
Im planing on making a more crystal like rock later instead.

Thanks for the feedback.

That's one of the most accurately colored 'rocks' i've seen. Many of the ones that are around are too light and just a bit off. That one looks right on. Great work.

Hmm i have gotten a few PMs that are intrested in a rock.
Should i make a intrest thread? Im not sure how many i will be able to make but 10-20 atleast.

Originally posted by PHArchivist@Feb 22 2006, 08:46 PM
(Its not from Hydin)
[snapback]1191054[/snapback]​

:lol

it really is a pretty cool rock. the emerald color is great. I have used stuff like chinchilla dust bath to cloud up sections of K rock resin to clay and even playdough to get it looking pretty cool.

good luck on the final piece. im sure itll turn out to be awesome. (and yes, an interest thread would be kinda cool. if the price is right i'd probably snag one).

chris

Originally posted by TFrosst@Feb 24 2006, 06:28 PM
Could you tell us what resin you're using?  The brand and how you got that awesome green color?
[snapback]1192469[/snapback]​

Sorry thats a secret :D

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back