My Gotham City Police Car (Dark Knight, Dark Knight Rises))

cyrix9445

Hey guys!

I've been working on this side project for a little while now, a replica Crown Vic police car from the new Batman movies (Dark Knight, Dark Knight Rises), now it's finally finished just in time for the movie opening on the 20th!

Here's the car when I picked her up a year ago:

1.jpg

Started installing some police equipment (Radios, Laptop, Etc)

3.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

Rear Traffic Advisor
2.jpg

Installed Setina Push Bumper, Setina Partition and testing the Whelen Liberty Lightbar before paintwork:
test_fit1.jpg

test_fit2.jpg

gpd_bar2.jpg

Complete!
GPD_1.jpg

GPD_2.jpg

GPD_inside.jpg

Thanks to Len at Mr. Stitch (MrStitch/Home) I got my custom fit lightbar cover, super easy to take on and off. I also have (not pictured) custom fit magnets to cover all police insignia.
mr_stitch1.jpg

mr_stitch2.jpg

mr_stitch3.jpg

The full list of equipment installed:

Whelen CenCom light/siren box.
Whelen SA314 Speaker with center mount.
Whelen UHFPOS headlight flasher
Panasonic CF-29 laptop with Panasonic Dock
Motorola Spectra Radio (VHF)
Motorola Spectra Radio (UHF)
Motorola Speaker
Federal Signal 8 Lamp Halogen Signal Master Traffic Advisor
Gamber-Johnson 2 Shelf Trunk Tray
Police Console
Unity Spotlight
Whelen Liberty Lightbar
Setina PB-400 Pushbumper
Setina Prisoner Partition
Mobile Vision 7 Dash Cam
300 Watt Power Inverter
Pantex PocketJet 3 Mobile Printer
Electric Shotgun Lock
Sierra Wireless GPS Modem w/ antenna

I was lucky enough to work close to the lot where they kept all the dark knight movie cars while they were filming in manhattan. After chatting with the guys in charge of the upkeep and maintenance of the cars they let me sneak a peak at the vehicles from the movie. All I can say is your replica GPD car is spot on!! You did an AWESOME job, from top to bottom!!

Wow you are my freaking hero! I've been wanting to do this so bad, just didn't want to hassle with covering everything up to drive it on the street. I drive out of service highway patrol cars all the time through my work, just be careful you don't get moisture behind the magnets or they'll fly right off. But nice work! I love it!

Make sure you have one of these to go with it:

thumb-33.png

So where can you legally drive that thing without getting in hot water for impersonating a police officer?

Wow you are my freaking hero! I've been wanting to do this so bad, just didn't want to hassle with covering everything up to drive it on the street. I drive out of service highway patrol cars all the time through my work, just be careful you don't get moisture behind the magnets or they'll fly right off. But nice work! I love it!

Hey thanks!, Yea, I'm going to try and keep them really dry and clean. I have an extra set in case I loose one.

Make sure you have one of these to go with it:

thumb-33.png

So where can you legally drive that thing without getting in hot water for impersonating a police officer?

Yea totally, pretty much private property, or a parade.

Don't forget the biggest hazard of driving that around: Everyone in front of you who looks at their rearview mirror will immediately drop their speed to below the speed limit!

Cop cars = traffic slowdowns

Don't forget the biggest hazard of driving that around: Everyone in front of you who looks at their rearview mirror will immediately drop their speed to below the speed limit!

Cop cars = traffic slowdowns

yeah but just think, he can hit the fast lane and everyone will get out of his way!

Absolutely outstanding, flawless.

If you put some "Filming in Progress" signs in the side and rear windows you could roll on the streets with the full package.

Have you thought about getting some police style profiles of the criminal characters in the series made up for the laptop? Just something to play with inside the car and if you got pulled over, a Joker profile on the screen might lighten the situation. I guess you could go all the way back to Keaton if you wanted. Just lovin this.

Thanks guys! This was a really fun build, I enjoyed it a lot.

Anyone in the ORLANDO or CLERMONT area for the midnight showing of The Dark Knight Rises and come see the car on display at the Clermont theater.

EPIC Theatres - Locations

During the day on the 19th, the car will be at "Hero's Landing" comic shop in Clermont, FL.

Have you thought about getting some police style profiles of the criminal characters in the series made up for the laptop? Just something to play with inside the car and if you got pulled over, a Joker profile on the screen might lighten the situation. I guess you could go all the way back to Keaton if you wanted. Just lovin this.

I have a static background that has some info on the Joker, but it would be cool to have something animated.... wonder if I could work something up in time. I did want to maybe attempt a Joker dummy for the back seat, but even the costume is expensive!

Last edited:
Just FANTASTIC ! It's great to see Batman vehicles that aren't the Batmobile!

And you did a very thorough job. Awesome :thumbsup

This would make hell of a nice display piece in a (loft) living room, with a lifesize Joker figure in the back and a TDK Batman standing on the roof!

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back