My first Luke ROTJ V2

RexKramer

Sr Member
Came across an ebay seller who had one of these listed on ebay a week or two ago.

It sold, but I contacted him and asked if he had anymore.

Turns out, a buddy of his had made them and he bought a few of them up and still had some!

It came in today, here she is:

SjCO3ZJ.jpg

hN5l15n.jpg

vvN18c7.jpg

DzWLZud.jpg

As soon as I get a chance, maybe later today, I plan to give it the traditional V2 weathered paint job.

What are everyone's thoughts?

That's beautiful! I remember seeing these, you're right. This is an idealized v2 ish saber, without the neck groove beneath the emitter. the paint scheme is more "hero" and I think it can accept a blade or electronics? I'm guessing by the thicker neck

Yes, there is a little room for a blade and electonics.

Won't be going that route though.

I know the section above the pommel will be painted and weathered.

The emitter as well. I'm just not sure what I should do about the neck though.

Should I paint the 'brass' black and weather it so it shows underneath?

Thoughts?

Looks good ... don't forget to weather that clamp and lever as well ... with some scratches, steelwool or ugh, ugh wet-sandpaper :)

Chaim

Second go at paint + weathering:

vISyEg0.jpg

B0e4Zbu.jpg

VSCqYum.jpg

10Xisr2.jpg

Still not 100% happy with it. But tomorrow is another day,

Still need a D ring and a lever.

Thoughts?

Not to resurrect an older thread...

After doing a little compare and contrast, I realized that this saber seems to be extremely similar to a Parks Arc-Wave.

Anyway..I finally got around to finishing the paint on it.

I pretty much re painted the entire saber.

Just need to grab a D ring, wait for Sloth's card and Roy's lever.

xU3y5ct.jpg

J0iZGTw.jpg

D4F9pcq.jpg

rKakCpF.jpg

DxfUhAa.jpg

Last edited:
the weathering has really come a long way. i dont know what D ring you got, but roy's ANH D ring matches perfect!

Thats is extremely impressive weathering, I love it! that little bit on the rim of the emitter looks great haha

It is a parks Arc Wave hilt. Beautiful job on the weathering! Do you have any kind of clear coat on the hilt to protect it from rubbing off?

Yep thought so.

Seems odd.

The guy I got this from on the bay said his buddy had made a few of these. I guess maybe he just machined some copies of the Arc Wave?

This saber is also known as the Korbanth LS6. @Korbanth is a member here and I believe he originally designed the saber and then turned the design over to Parks, who sells it under the "arc-Wave" name. That said, Korbanth also occasionally sells them as well under his "LS6" name. See here: http://www.fx-sabers.com/forum/index.php?topic=44358.0 If he has one on hand it's better to get it from him to avoid the wait if ordered from Parks.

It has the dimensions of the V2 and the paint job of the hero, with the only exception being the slightly fatter neck to more securely accommodate a blade, which would be almost impossible if the true super-skinny V2 neck dimension was retained.

It's the current V2 I own and I love it. A truly beautiful saber, and one of my most satisfying purchases.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back