My first BATMAN foamie

jarrett

This,is my first BATMAN costume,I did a "Foam armor". It took me about a week to build. I started with a plastic "body form" used to display T-shirts in department stores. Used a dremmel to cut neck,waist and arms. Next cut the foam parts,glued them to the "form",used plastic screen (window screen replacement) for the "carbon fiber". I had a paint peeling problem at first. I have since redone the armor w/ PLASTI-DIP. Will post new pics as soon as I am finished.

Any tips,comments or ideas are welcome.

Last edited:
Very nice, especially for a week of work! I'd suggest a different fabric for your cape, but it's an excellent overall build, especially for the time you spent!

where did you get the leather pants or undersuit?

They are leather pants I had in storage from when I used to ride. Time got away from me and did not finish the bottoms to the suit.:( So,I improvised and this was the result. I am now working on a new suit,going to try the "Nomex Survival Suit". I will post pix as I start the build. I guess to answer your question....I cant remember where I got the pants,I've had them since 89-90. LOL Sorry.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back