My first attempt at Hans DL-44

BonesAreDollars

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I’ve been wanting to make one of these for a while but have had a lot of other projects ahead of it. Printed it off yesterday so I could sit down today and take a crack at it. Super fun build and makes an excellent addition to my Star Wars Armory
E0796E21-484B-416A-BBC0-B22689268795.jpeg

560DD926-8B35-433B-97C0-F1B90E2A65B4.jpeg

If i'm guessing the right thing, that's a gas powered soldering torch. I think it was made by Archer, but I could be wrong. They used it for a practical effect when the Jawas brazed the restraining bolt on R2D2. I think Luke carries it around in his workshop a little too. The cast metal version is accurate and I don't think it was altered at all for the prop

That turned out really nice. I would not have known it was a print if you didn’t mention it. Usually digital image show more of the 3D imperfections than what you often see with your own eye but I don’t see any print lines. So you did an excellent job printing, or finishing, or both. I would recommend you hit the grips with a black wash. The grips look too clean when compared to the rest of the blaster.

That turned out really nice. I would not have known it was a print if you didn’t mention it. Usually digital image show more of the 3D imperfections than what you often see with your own eye but I don’t see any print lines. So you did an excellent job printing, or finishing, or both. I would recommend you hit the grips with a black wash. The grips look too clean when compared to the rest of the blaster.
Thanks! It’s was a quick turn 1 day build I did in between some bigger projects. All resin so layer lines and sanding wasn’t much of an issue. Paint job on this is pretty forgiving too so didn’t have to worry about it being perfect.

I agree on the handles, I got them a little grimey but they definitely need a proper black wash.

It was a super fun build, I’ll probably tackle a different variation in the near future. I’d also love to eventually add an all metal version to the collection, hard time deciding since there are a few nice ones out there.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back