My ESB Boba Fett Helmet Buildup

JBReplicas

Sr Member
Ok, ive posted this over at TDH but I wanted to share my progress here aswell, this is a Marrow_Sun V1.0 Boba helmet, im painting it up in the ESB style, the first few pictures show the bucket in its early stages, just a bit of sanding and tidying up, I squared off the area at the top of the cheeks as in the films they are square, added a few spots of bondo to fill any tiny cracks, blemishes etc and then added 2 coats of primer, the nest few shots were taken after adding the Olive Green to the dome and inner cheeks and the Dark Green to the outside cheeks, I used humbrol maskol to mask the areas I wanted left exposed, there is a coat of chrome underneath and so when the maskol is removed it leaves a nice impression of battle damage, there are more pics to come in the next week or so, let me know any comments or suggestions, thanks for looking..

Thanks for the comments, more pics on the way later tonight.. I think im going cross eyed looking at all the reference material

Pics update, here ive added the dark grey around the battle damage area, this is as far as I got before getting serious eye strain, there are too many ref photos out there... As always I welcome any comments good or bad, i want this to be a good helmet enjoy.......

I'm curious why you aren't going with the Rogue Studios found colors. They're dead on.

For example your upper cheeks are much too green to be ESB Fett. The green is supposed to be so dark that its almost black.

The green is actually alot darker in person, the photos are taken in quite bad lighting, I only ever get the chance to take photos in the evening when its pitch black outside, I also havent got any airbrush equipment/experience whatsoever so I wanted to see how I did using my own colours to start with and then perhaps go and buy all the equipment and try it on another helmet, hopefully an MS-3 Thanks for your comments

Pics update, added the red to the mandibles, what a job that was, masking off all the battle damaged areas, also began adding the dark and light grey around the scratches, again please let me know your thoughts on this, thanks to Webchief I will be black washing the lower cheeks as they should be darker than they appear, enjoy.....

Originally posted by CommanderCody@Feb 5 2006, 01:56 PM
Pics update, added the red to the mandibles, what a job that was, masking off all the battle damaged areas, also began adding the dark and light grey around the scratches, again please let me know your thoughts on this, thanks to Webchief I will be black washing the lower cheeks as they should be darker than they appear, enjoy.....
[snapback]1176609[/snapback]​

Man, it's looking super good.

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back