my BTTF replica skateboard build

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

ranallace

this is where it all begins - ive had this board FOREVER, - its the right shape,and i have rode it till the board de-laminated - no longer safe to ride - so i figured id do what i always wanted to do with it - make my own BTTF skateboard replica

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

ranallace

since the deck de-laminated i set about repairing the cosmetic and structural dammage

also doing another bttf board - lol

- - - Updated - - -

filled in the holes with dowel and wood glue

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

removed the deck's grip tape, and preserved it so i can use as a template when the new stuff arrives

- - - Updated - - -

since i cant find the correct truck copers ( covers) i decided to re-surface and repaint the existing ones

- - - Updated - - -

first coat of black wood primer

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

skipping ahead a few days - first coat paint done and splatters added

- - - Updated - - -

set the trucks on there to see how it would look

- - - Updated - - -

more paint work

ranallace

- - - Updated - - -

all paint work is done by HAND - by brush - by me -

- - - Updated - - -

looking for decals and stencils for the lettering currently-- can anyone be of any assistance >????

EmmaInCandyland

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Pretty good, I would have made the splatters pink and a bit larger on the Valterra, but doing the paint from scratch might be a hassle xD

ranallace

Doing it from scratch is not easy , you are correct Emma - btw , I love your collection ! Your collection and thread is most impressive

Last edited:

ranallace

The purple photographs darker than it is - looks more blue but it's not - it's a lighter , brighter purple - still looking for red bushings , and decals and truck covers

Last edited:

LukaFilm

Sr Member
Great work!!!
I planned to do a hoverboard like this one day, and its great to see your way of making it.
It looks great, and the other one is awesome too!

:thumbsup

ranallace

Great work!!!
I planned to do a hoverboard like this one day, and its great to see your way of making it.
It looks great, and the other one is awesome too!

:thumbsup
thanks - hoverboard wasn't too difficult , but it did get a tad expensive