My Beginners Vintage Graflex Builds & Now More! Heiland Vader Update

Yeah, I just incorrectly put it on real quick for the pic. Thanks for noticing though! I would've msised it, lol. Alignment on these things gets confusing even though it seems like it should be the easiest part. Thanks!

Small Heiland Update.

I've started the process of gluing the t-tracks down. Much more solid than the 3M tape.

I also drilled out the Heiland shroud for the d-ring.

It wasn't that hard. I did a progressive drilling out with my hand drill. Becays ethe Heiland shroud has a tapered lower section where the grub screw sits I opted to start at a very slight angle into the shroud from both sides and then neariong the end of drilling, angle back up to drill out the holes.

I probably should've filed the middle section below where the cotter pin of the grub screw sits but for now it works. The d-ring is slightly angled incorrectly but I can adjust it so the two ends of the d-ring meet up in the middle.

I'm loving this d-ring though. It looks nice on the shroud.

IMG_8972.JPG

IMG_8966.JPG IMG_8967.JPG IMG_8968.JPG IMG_8969.JPG IMG_8970.JPG IMG_8971.JPG IMG_8972.JPG IMG_8973.JPG

Alright! Heiland Vader is done!

Itsss VFX a mix of vintage and repro. Aesthetically, I think I nailed it. It’s not exact but it looks good and for the price compared to an MPP that’s the best I could hope for.

6385278D-75D0-4A08-A517-40EBA299857D.jpeg

53BCD8CA-4482-4728-A522-4FB63842BA15.jpeg

The parts worked out as follows:

- Vintage Heiland 3-Cell Tube
- Vintage Heiland Matte end-cap
- Vintage Heiland Shroud
- Vintage camera bag d-ring
- Vintage Exactra PCB
- Roman’s Black Bar Clamp
- Wannawanga T-Track Pre-Cut x7
- Wannawanga Wire Kit
- Wannawanga Bulb Release
- Repro Bubble-Strip off of eBay

As of right now, I only have one more build in my ANH Luke Saber. All the parts are here so I just have to do it.

I also started the Obi-Wan journey, but that’s not so much a build as it is a hunt.

Been a bit since an update. I got some new parts in.

13407FA9-781B-4D13-949A-891EFA1E7A81.jpeg

An M19 Scope joined the ranks. I think after some back and forth in my own head, I’m going to use it for a Luke Bespin build. I originally was thinking a Han build but I just can’t get over the markered up muzzle bit. I’ll probably end up doing a Stembridge build for a Solo DL-44. And because I’m not going to use a live-fire Mauser for Luke, I think Field Marshall’s Steel Replica is the best option for a base. I also like that Luke’s Bespin is a fairly easy and straightforward build for my first.

I also scored a set of vintage op amps that will suit my Obi build quite nicely. And I just realized I hadn't even posted that recent acquisition as I spilled the beans in other threads, lol.

Here's that!

IMG_8961.JPG

Halfway there! I have a lead on a pommel but that Booster and Balance Pipe will be a bitch, so I'm supplementing for now with Roman's pieces in their place. Waiting on the parts to get it together.

Alright! A bit of an update.

I'm getting lazy with the ANH build. Just need to cut and glue and rivet and it'll be done. Oh well it'll happen.

I started to build the Obi saber. I received the repro Balance Pipe and Booster from Roman as well as the FX spacer. I went with that spacer because my build only uses a bolt for the top assembly with the grenade neck and vane bolted to the Balance pipe. With the FX spacer I can screw the grenade into it as well as the Booster on the other end.

Screen Shot 2020-08-05 at 10.03.57 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-08-05 at 10.04.03 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-08-05 at 10.04.09 AM.png

I aged the two repro pieces up a bit with a combo of paste blue and enamel paint burned off. Then used metal polish to seal them. Also bashed them a bit with a hammer to add wearto them. I need to cut the top bolt to sit level in the Balance pipe cone. I'm waiting on. a lot of 80's vintage AS hand wheels to sit n it until I source a real one.

I alos dove into the op amp and washer search. I found some nice looking old op amps that sit at the right heiiht and width. And found a source for some washers. I need to bore out the op amps to add a bolt for attachment to the clamp but I'm nervous to do that with the tools I have.

I also started to source parts for a Luke Bespin DL-44 or Han DL-44 build. Not a fan of Han's Hoth version so I think I'm leaning towards a Luke DL-44 and a more classic longg scoped Han DL-44 instead.

IMG_2331.JPG

Real M-19 scope, walnut wood grips from Field Marshall, and cast resin Greeblies from Boba Debt.

We'll see where I get with that. I may need to slowdown for a bit. Spending far more than I expected when I started with this, lol.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-08-05 at 10.04.37 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-08-05 at 10.04.37 AM.png
    787.9 KB · Views: 71
  • Screen Shot 2020-08-05 at 10.04.30 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-08-05 at 10.04.30 AM.png
    3.9 MB · Views: 75
  • Screen Shot 2020-08-05 at 10.04.15 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-08-05 at 10.04.15 AM.png
    4.1 MB · Views: 90
Been awhile for this thread but I finally got around to start assembly on this kickass Sloth Furnance repro PCB.

EC3AEB1C-E5FA-4796-9A84-B8796B8828C8.jpeg

Pretty easy actually though I haven’t soldered yet.

This will go on my Heiland idealized build.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back