My 1/20 "Oblivion" Bubbleship build.

MARK M3

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I currently have the pleasure of working on a Randy Cooper 1/20 Oblivion Bubbleship. I actually liked the film which was a rare treat, it wasn't a remake, re-imageing, sequel or prequel. The craft used by Tom Cruise was equally enjoyable. I have been working on a build and thought some in progress pics may be of some interest....

More update pictures!!!
I have detailed the interior cockpit and attached the glass. The model is base coated in it's final colors but I have to go back and address several seams that I don't like. The base has not been painted yet,only primed and I haven't attached the foot pedals yet.
More to come!

Cap'n, in your opinion, is the kit worth the coin it costs (both price and shipping)? I've been thinking about getting it, but it is quite expensive given the size, though I do understand the level of detail is great and a lot of work went into it.

I must say the bubble-glass looks spectacular! But there looks like a fair amount of clean-up on the other pieces.

And thanks for the photos. It's nice to see what it looks like in kit form.

Chris

She's about finished...Still some clean up. Will post more pics soon. Just got another one to build!

1/20 "Oblivion" Bubble ship build up.Final assembly and detailing on the Randy Cooper kit. The model visited my local Hobby Shop for several experts to give it the once over!!!Fun build!!

Man, that thing came out awesome! I may have to look in to this kit. I hear he is working on a drone kit as well. I would love to see him produce one.

Bill

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back