Must Find Higest Quality Adhesives for Mask!!!

Knightviper09

What's up fellows "Hunters and Huntress". I have a small question to ask. Does anyone know the strongest adhesive that I can buy for my P2 face mask. I must say up front that I'm currently in Kuwait and the heat over here may have a big part in killing any kind of adhesive that I use but if anyone knows one that can handle extreme heat 80-110 degrees (yes sometimes it get that hot at night). A few of my dreads fell out but luckily none while people were taking pictures with me. LOL That would have been bad for Predator and I'm short too so that does him very little justice. LOL I did a test run with it last night and I'll post more info about that in another section later today. Thanks

110 doesn't sound too bad :(

Is it a super-glue(CA) type glue? I'm not an expert but maybe try a different formula CA. There are a few different types that are basically the same but may behave different.

Another thing might be to put the dreads through the latex if they're not holding up. I'm assuming that they aren't that way now, just glued into the creator?

110 doesn't sound too bad :(

Is it a super-glue(CA) type glue? I'm not an expert but maybe try a different formula CA. There are a few different types that are basically the same but may behave different.

Another thing might be to put the dreads through the latex if they're not holding up. I'm assuming that they aren't that way now, just glued into the creator?

Thanks Master Anubis (like your name by the way, LOL fans of the Egyptian style culture LOL) Pretty much the only thing that they have here is super glue but in some case even that melts over here. I know that maybe hard to believe but ................its for real. So I have to stay on close alert for dreads falling out while wearing the mask. Predator is stressed out over here too. LOL

Maybe you should try a FLEXABLE super glue as normal superglue will also go brittle and it wont give so much with movement.
Here is a link to some I found on e-bay as I'm not sure what they stock down at your local hardware shop.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Super-Glue-Hign-Impa...=item35abe594be
I use this kind of stuff to glue everything to my mask and it seems to hold up incredibly well.

Thanks "Skunk", I'll look into that one. :(

You could also punch holes through the dread holes and thread the dread base through instead of just gluing and hoping it stays in. You could then glue from inside the mask, and reinforce as necessary. A couple of other lair members have used this technique to attach the dreads firmly.

You could also punch holes through the dread holes and thread the dread base through instead of just gluing and hoping it stays in. You could then glue from inside the mask, and reinforce as necessary. A couple of other lair members have used this technique to attach the dreads firmly.

That's a great idea "Oneuglymf", didn't think of that one, thanks. :(

I use a plastic rod stuck thru the dread and into the mask. but I use hot glue for the plastic rod then superglue for the skin of the dread to stick to the latex mask.
I've also used construction quality contact cement for cementing ply wood and stuff.

What about A:B epoxy glue? you have mix in small batches and glue them dreads. I think you need these types of glue that has a curing agent like A:B parts.

here's a little industry trick that will give super glue a little extra kick ...lightly dust the area ( dread hole) with baking soda then but the glue on the dread end ...then apply ..the baking soda will act as a "kicker" for the glue ..gives it an extra strong hold

I've had the same issue with the dreads on my mask. I live in Texas and while the temperatures are not quite Kuwaity-hot, it's still hot. I've ben using GORILLA GLUE and have had good luck. But just use a dab because any more and it begins to crust around the edges and you have to scrape it off.

hmmm, i have a question, wouldnt the best way be to cut the X in the hole push the dread through and then just use latex to "glue it" ?
the latex should seal the the inside of the mask better than any glue.

Will a silicone based glue be fine? I don't know how the silicone will react to the latex on the mask. Its a glue that is used around the shop here (Kuwait) that protects exposed electrical wires and holds them into place.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back