music video props

fotokid

I'm not sure how anyone here feels about music videos and their props in comparison to TV/movie props but I've fallen into the Lady Gaga world and a small project arose. If you have seen the "Bad Romance" music video, she is wearing a pair of sunglasses made entirely out of razor blades. Using screen shots and her website's paper craft print out, I painstakingly glued over 50 razor blades to a sheet metal frame (with the help of user benhs1898).

Let me know what you think of the build and feel free to bash me for posting a music video prop. I honestly feel like her videos have enough art direction style that people would eventually want to collect the "props" from them.

Yea i've been getting that a lot, you'd be surprised how hard it is to walk in public with these on without getting stopped every ten feet.

anyone know what kind of boom box they used in gaga's "telephone" music vid? it's also the same boom box in kesha's tik tok, just curious

boomboxq.jpg

^ But there's no Turbo Bass (SNL reference for ya). ;)

Regarding the OP, great replica! I'd be afraid to wear 'em, though. :lol

looks great!

my wife would appreciate this alot.

in regards to music vid props, kind of close, is a cupcake ad which uses a steampunk cupcake cannon, very bad ass, its on youtube.

I found similar boom boxes on google images by Lasonic. Has the same style speakers and everything. Look into it and you might find it. Tecsonic also had some similar ones.

Last edited:
Those are awesome! I never realized those glasses were made out of razors until this thread. Her costumes are brilliant. Is it difficult to see out of the glasses? Great job!

The Glasses are awesome !

There are so many other LADY GAGA glasses that could be replicated. for example the silver glasses from her Paparazzi performance.

Just saw the title 'music video props' and figured I'd add the only one I have. My apologies if this was a Gaga-only thread, but I love my belt buckle replica from The Crystal Methods' "Name of the Game" video. :cool

30tnrbc.jpg

xkx8hw.jpg

Those are awesome! I never realized those glasses were made out of razors until this thread. Her costumes are brilliant. Is it difficult to see out of the glasses? Great job!

It's surprisingly easy to see out of them! Each blade is spaced just enough to give you full vision, only down side is thy are a bit heavy for wearing around town.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back